Search results

1. red71rum

Sony DA90ESG worth getting?

I have a line on a Sony DA90ESG receiver. I currently am using a Sony GX57ES with my Dahlquist DQM9 speakers and am underwhelmed. I was wondering if any of you guys had or have the Sony DA90ESG? I really don't care about the wpc, I do not listen to my music at crazy levels. I can get it for $100.
  2. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

I used my ear, and I know that does not count lol. I will have to look into one of the those, maybe with c weighting so I can also test my subs.
  3. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

Here is a short video - Working speakers
  4. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

Well I have the repaired speaker home, now both speakers are working, and they sound the same to me which is good. I was worried that the one with the repaired crossover would sound louder for example. I would attach a video if anyone was interested in seeing them working lol? I appreciate...
  5. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

Ok, so the tech (he is an Audiokarma member), got the tweeter working yesterday, which is really great. I believe he recapped the crossover but will have to ask what else he did and when I can pick up the speaker.
  6. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

Well the problem is if we cannot find an original part or something similar for the one being worked on with the different/changed crossover, that will have to be that way. The one I have here at home is original and I don’t want to change it. But if you mean me having the one I have at home...
  7. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

It actually does not show the same signs luckily and is all original from what I can see. This crossover looks to be all original, with the 24 ohm resistors. I will wait on having this one looked at as it is working. These are very heavy for me to carry up and down two small flights of stairs...
  8. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

He is a pic of the crossover before it was cleaned and reflowed, it does not look great - he is going to also recap the crossover and then use a signal tracer. He can see that there is no signal going to the tweeter wires, hence no sound. I really want to reach out to the other tech where I...
  9. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

Yes, I worked with the tech and we removed the crossovers at his shop, much easier to work on lol. Yes there definitely was some heat damage and I will post a pic or two in a bit from my phone. I actually already had that, and brought a printed version with me to the tech so we could look it...
  10. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

I am taking them to a tech I know after lunch. I will update what happens.
  11. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

I also tried a separate amp, my recently repaired (by me) Sansui 771 and different cables. The 2404 in that speaker is still not working.
  12. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

That is way out of my wheelhouse unfortunately. Lol, I never listened to them that loud but the guy I bought them from, probably. I bought these on fb marketplace, I had been looking for them. The seller claimed all drivers worked etc. I drove two hours and guess what, the 2404 were dead…...
  13. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

Here are some pics where I stuck my phone in, I apologize that they are not great, I was on the phone with the tech at the time. I was unable to get good readings with my meter, the space was too right and awkward for me.
  14. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

Only a 2404 problem when either is installed in the speaker, the 2404 is silent. It does, it makes a popping sound I guess.There was never a bass problem, just that any 2404 that I install in this speaker is silent. I do have a voltage meter I tried doing that while on the phone with the tech...
  15. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

16. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

@Mr Boochie - I worked with the tech on the phone today, did a short 9 volt test with the 2404 and the diaphragm moved. Also went into the back of the 4732a and looked at the crossover network and all the cables were secure. I also did a channel switch moving the cable from the left channel to...
  17. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

The tech claimed it did at the shop. They also did some crossover work. I brought it to them because working on crossovers is way over my head. On the invoice they sent me they worked on the crossovers. I did not test them before I took them back to my house. He is an hour away, he had both of...
  18. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

The tech claimed it did at the shop. They also did some crossover work. I brought it to them because working on crossovers is way over my head. On the invoice they sent me they worked on the crossovers. I did not test them before I took them back to my house.
  19. red71rum

JBL 2404H not working…

I recently bought some JBL Sr4732A. Initially I had the diaphragms replaced and I brought them home, reinstalled them and one did not work, one of the 4732h did not emit sound from the 2404h, I switched the other 2404 h in the speaker, same speaker did not work. I then took both speakers back to...
  20. red71rum

JBL SR4732 for home theater?

They sound great now that I have integrated them into my home theater. I ran YPAO (YPAO labeled them large, I always make them small), I put them at 60hz for the crossover. I also took the 2404H tweeters to Nashville to see if the diaphragms can be replaced. When I tested the 2404 with an ohm...
  21. red71rum

JBL SR4732A worth $700 ?....

Well, I picked them up yesterday, and although I do not have maybe as a discerning ear as some, they sound great connected to my Sansui 771. I have yet to receive the cables from Amazon for the home theater application. When you had these to you had these, did you disable the baby-butt cheek...
  22. red71rum

I went to pick up the speakers yesterday. The seller had them running for me, I had him play them at low volume to check the speakers. I noticed the baby butt-cheek speaker was not running. He said he believed that they had been disconnected at some point. I have read that they are easily blown...
  23. red71rum

JBL SR4732A worth $700 ?....

I had already created a thread here https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jbl-sr4732-for-home-theater.1030863/. Now I was wondering if these were worth $700 with an updated crossovers? I really like the idea of big JBL speakers. Is it ridiculous to pay this? I have looked online and...
  24. red71rum

Well it looks like I am going to finally check them out tomorrow.... Would these cables be a good option to connect them to my yamaha home theater? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I22HA2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A7KODY9T0BTOM&psc=1
  25. red71rum

New to me Sansui 771 and light replacement...

The two “Hersey kiss” areas, correct? Well I did the dumb thing because I did not have lead 60/40 at home, I reheated the solder joints. And….it seems to be working now! I am pretty psyched because I have not soldered since I worked at Namco Cyberstation in the later 90s lol. Here is a pic of...
Back
Top Bottom