Search results

1. Doug G.

Source for Transistors

I see tbe insulting,"By any chance, do you drive an Edsel? Or a Yugo? Just wondering......................" post is still there. Preferential treatment? Doug
  2. Doug G.

Heathkit Board Mounting Connectors/Plugs

I bought a Heathkit AA-2010 quad amplifier and one of the six-pin, snap-in chassis plugs, Heathkit used in several kits, that connect to the output amplifier boards is damaged (don't ask how it got damaged). I can probably repair it so it will work but I'd rather have a new one for reliability...
  3. Doug G.

Does Everybody Put LP's Back In The Jacket The Correct Way...

...with side one facing the front and side two facing the back? :D Doug
  4. Doug G.

Wild And Crazy!

...And Wonderful! I'll start: The Mentalette's cover:
  5. Doug G.

Voice Of Music 1210B Record Size Detection

I have a question for any VM changer experts. I recently bought a VM model 1260 phonograph and it has a 1210B changer. After refurbing the amplifier and cabinet, I discovered that the changer will not set down in the 12" record size position. Having worked on VM's many years ago, I disassembled...
  6. Doug G.

This Sure Was/Is An Attractive Label

Doug
  7. Doug G.

QuadraphonicQuad...

must be dorked up, right? Doug
  8. Doug G.

Loft HiFi

Does anybody have an opinion of these, regarding appearance? Doug
  9. Doug G.

Is This Good Business Practice?

It seems a certain needle seller, which I will not name, doesn't accept returned defective product without banning you as a future customer. Doug
  10. Doug G.

Amplifier (?) In Mannix's Office

Has anybody else ever noticed the amplifier in Mannix's office? As he's sitting at his desk, it's behind and to his left on a shelf in the wall. The show is currently in its second season on MeTV and the piece has shown in some episodes. Of course, there are no pictures of it online that I can...
  11. Doug G.

The BIC Little White Donut

Just a note about replacing the little white donut involved in the auto return on BIC turntables. I saw a post on another forum and the poster had replaced the donut with a neoprene O-ring and that cured the no return problem he was having. However, he stated he had to increase VTF to get the...
  12. Doug G.

Ward Cleaver Does NOT Handle Records Properly!

He put his fingers all over the playing surface of "Excerpts From Lucia Di Lammermoor". Doug
  13. Doug G.

Apropo

I have never seen this posted. 1976: Doug
  14. Doug G.

Dick Van Dyke Console

Does anybody recognize the Console in this scene from the Dick Van Dyke episode "Who and Where was Antonio Stradivarius" which also guest-starred the beautiful/delightful Sallie Janes? It was a 1963 episode. It looks like a pretty fancy one. Magnavox? Doug
  15. Doug G.

Joe Mannix and the Console Stereo

Tonight's (or early tomorrow morning's) episode, from 1968, will revolve around a stereo console and the mystery surrounding it! Doug
  16. Doug G.

The Gough Loudspeaker

Has anybody else ever heard of or seen these speakers? The first speakers I ever built, other than the little pseudospeakers I made from wood paneling and other bits of wood, when I was a kid, were these when I was about 17. They were somewhat of a sensation in the early nineteen sixties and...
  17. Doug G.

Advent Recone Kits From Simply Speakers, Etc..

I apologize for posting the identical thing here as well as on the Classic Speakers forum but, in my old age, typing a similar screed over again is a chore. Among many others, I have two Advent woofers which were originally Masonite woofers from a very early pair. I bought the speakers from a...
  18. Doug G.

BIC 1000 Delayed Cue Down

This is information for those with this turntable and no service manual. The model 1000 is made so that, when the manual cuing function lowers the stylus, there is a delay to let the platter speed normalize before the stylus lowers to the record. It is only necessary when there are more than...
  19. Doug G.

Fleetwood Mac on PBS Tonight

I know this isn't really the right forum for this but I think most of us older fans probably heard them on vinyl back then. Anyway, PBS aired the 1997 reunion concert tonight and it was wonderful to see them all having such a good time, especially Mick Fleetwood. He was having an absolute...
  20. Doug G.

Gruve/Gard

That's the correct spelling for RCA's development in the nineteen fifties for the raised center and edge of LPs to protect the playing surface from scratches and other damage. I have spelled it wrong many times, myself. One thing you have to give RCA, they were very innovative. Doug
  21. Doug G.

Heathkit AA-2010 Quadraphonic Amplifier

I think I bought this in 2005 or thereabouts. I remember it being a real steal on eBay. It worked fine but me being me, I completely disassembled it to clean it and check it out vs. specs. Everything fine and I could tell it had never been molested. So, it's been working for 47 (from 1972)...
  22. Doug G.

Springsteen

I STILL hear "Tempt Devil in the freeze aisle..." :D Doug
  23. Doug G.

Not As It Is Purported To Be

The giant battery end in the Honda commercial is NOT a giant battery end. It is a giant woofer. Any audiophile can see it. Doug
  24. Doug G.

Beatles Christmas Records

I know this sounds more like it should be in the music forums but my comment has more to do with a technical thing. My son and daughter-in-law gave me the seven record set of the Beatles fan club records for Christmas. Man, these are like what I remember records being back many, many years ago...
  25. Doug G.

Stylus Profile

Has anyone else noticed that, when you look at a domestic short hair (tabby) cat's chin from below, it looks like the profile of the tip of a typical stylus? :D Doug
Back
Top Bottom