Search results

1. Scifi

Fun with furnace blowers

I finally got it apart. The motor went bad and I found out I needed a hub puller which you can see in the picture attached (silver and brass colored cylinder). It worked all winter until the motor kept stalling. The original blower is in the furnace now. I had to fix that a couple times...
  2. Scifi

Making a pickguard for a MIJ guitar

I'm trying to put together a Univox guitar out of parts I collected and noticed that the outlines from the missing pickguard was visible on the guitar body. I used this to trace out the shape with a Sharpie on a piece of clear plastic which I cut out and will use as a template for making a...
  3. Scifi

For the motor vehicle fans

You can take your favorite car to your grave with you. Vehicle shaped caskets and urns https://www.google.com/patents/US6763558
  4. Scifi

Sony Pushes High-End Audio

Its not just PONO. Sony is getting involved in high-resolution audio (better than CD quality). Article text is in attached pdf file.
  5. Scifi

Metro Rail power outage

I first heard about this on the news. The power has been restored last time I heard about it. Safe track surge will last about a month in Virginia, too. The alert was here and is still in my email to the manager, but the alert seems to be gone now. Metro rail service is suspended between...
  6. Scifi

Harpo plays the harp

Harpo plays the harp. I've heard the harp played a little bit in some pop music I believe, but can't remember where I heard it. It might be interesting to adapt it to experimental music. Harpo Marx playing classics Harpo Marx Plays Serious
  7. Scifi

Preston Nichols

Preston Nichols exploring alternative realities, vacuum tubes, spiritualism, time travel, government psycho-active signals on the short wave radio received on tube receivers, Nikola Tesla ..... It kind of reminds me of the time I listened to the video signal from TV channel 2 on an AN/PRC-10...
  8. Scifi

Raytheon NOS black plate dual triode $3 +

It cost me only $3 if you don't include the 9 pin plug ($1.50 per submini tube). As you can see in the picture, its two subminiature tubes each a JAN5744WB high mu triode with the leads soldered to corresponding pins of the 9 pin plug so the resulting dual triode assembly has a pin out like a...
  9. Scifi

gas leak at my house

When I came home today, there was a truck blocking the street and I had to park down the street. People from the gas company were digging in front of my house and said there was a gas leak oustside of the house. They dug a hole next to my garage, turned off the gas and are now installing new...
  10. Scifi

Boss FRV-1 and Elka

I was wondering how the lead guitarist for the Trashwomen (Elka Zolot) got that surf sound at the Burger Boogaloo. That's some of the best surf music I've heard. She's using a Fender Jaguar in the video with some Fender amps. I found out while searching the net that she also used a Boss...
  11. Scifi

Turntable shelf

I wanted to make room for an MC75 tube amp I'm in the process of recapping and have it in the open so I can keep an eye on it in case of red plating, sparks flying, etc., so I made a shelf for my Harman Kardon T35C leaving a space on a little desk I'm going to put the tube amp on. A couple...
  12. Scifi

Cigar box guitar?

In this demo of a converted Hammond AO-29 amp to guitar amp, you can see a guitar being played near the end of the video which appears to have a cigar box body.
  13. Scifi

Installing spokes

Has anyone here tried to install spokes like those shown in this patent?
  14. Scifi

2015 Fender Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster

This looks interesting. Can anyone who knows French tell me what she's saying? What would you play this guitar through and what effects would you use to get Hendrix sound(s)? Laura Cox - Testing the new 2015 Fender Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster A long time ago I saw another Jimi Hendrix...
  15. Scifi

Mysterious battery drain problem

Friday the 6th, I got into my Camaro to start it and found out the battery was drained all the way to 0 volts. I took out the battery to recharge it and the charger didn't drop below 4 amps, so I figured the battery was bad. I put in a new battery, Saturday and started the car. It wouldn't...
  16. Scifi

What guitar is this?

At about 1:01:00 it shows a girl playing a guitar that looks something like a Gibson 335. Revolution (Film) - (1968)
  17. Scifi

cough cough sneeze sneeze

Fresh air is the key to a healthy respiratory system so change those air filters regularly. Here's one of mine after 1 year of use.
  18. Scifi

Jury Duty

I got a summons to appear for jury duty in Upper Marlboro, Md. in February. This is my second time. The first time I went there they let me and some other people go home since we weren't selected. I'm wondering if anyone would have any experience with being on a jury in Upper Marlboro, ie...
  19. Scifi

Missing package with same tracking No.?

Missing package with same USPS tracking number? Someone alledgedly sent me a Mcintosh MC75 tube amp in one box and the tubes in a second box. I got the second box yesterday (12/29/2016), but the box with the amp wasn't delivered. I found the mailman and he said it would probably be delivered...
  20. Scifi

I found a LG 32LC5DC monitor

I'm not registered at videokarma (yet) so I'll post this here. I found a LG 32LC5DC monitor. It was sitting outside on the street apparently as garbage to be picked up. I took it home and figured out how to make it work. One problem is everytime I turn it on I have to press the input button...
  21. Scifi

Ratio detector fantastic revelation!

I wrote this earlier and decided to post it now after winning the auction for the Sherwood S-3000 II. I recently got the receiver by Fedex. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sherwood-s-3000-bummer.746798/#post-10143069 Ratio detector fantastic revelation! I noticed when using...
  22. Scifi

An Introduction to Scientific Guitar Design

I recently bought a copy of this book from amazon.com and started reading it. The author discusses a lot of things from a physics point of view like mechanical impedance, etc. It looks interesting. This is the first time I heard of E. V. Jansson, too, which is discussed on this page at Goolge...
  23. Scifi

supraspinatus

If you know what a supraspinatus is, then you might be familiar with rotator cuff injuries. The chance of them happening increases with age. A couple months ago, May or June IIRC, I was doing one handed presses with a 45 lb dumbbell and felt pain in my shoulder afterwards. Later, I noticed other...
  24. Scifi

The College Conspiracy?

This is amazing. I've been reading about this student loan crisis for a couple years. Its worse than when I went to college (late 70's and 1980's). The College Conspiracy - Full. I got a BS in chemistry in 1982. Things are worse now. Chemists React to Worst Unemployment Data in 40 Years...
  25. Scifi

How to slipstream an XP disc with SP3 and all other updates

I found an interesting webpage on creating a custom installation disc with all the updates on it. http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/8053/how-to-slipstream-an-xp-disc-with-sp3-and-all-other-updates
Back
Top Bottom