Search results

1. RichmondMark

KEF 103/3 Disassembly for service

Late to the game here. I have 107's and 102's with the correct Kubes. Really enjoy them both. I just picked up a pair of 103/3 sans Kube at auction - they were super cheap but they had some issues. I suppose you probably already figured out the binding posts - easy enough. One of my poor...
  2. RichmondMark

KEF R107 K-UBE Power Supply/Adapter

Thanks Raynald...I'll check out your link. I appreciate the response...
  3. RichmondMark

KEF R107 K-UBE Power Supply/Adapter

I'm working on a pair of new (to me) KEF 107s -- refoaming to start with. Based on my experience with the 104/2s and what I've nbeen able to read on line and reviews I'm pretty excited to get them up and running. I was able to get the KUBE 107 along with the speakers but no power supply. I...
  4. RichmondMark

Thoughts on Mcintosh C31V?

OP here...I see you've entertained yourselves while I was gone...;) Front panel lights now replaced on the C31V and it is looking good. About a month listening to it -- I'm enjoying it. I picked up my remote on the auction site -- shipped from Paris. Price wasn't bad all considered. I gotta...
  5. RichmondMark

Could be and I'll check. No doubt about it though the use of the illuminated glass is pretty minimal here in comparison to other more vintage offerings.
  6. RichmondMark

Are you thinking a lamp is out on ther C31V?
  7. RichmondMark

Nice...that's a cool memory...I picked up these lamps at a antique place and rewired them. I'm not sure but I bet they have some history too...
  8. RichmondMark

Let's try that again...
  9. RichmondMark

Here you go...Pictures of the C31V in action...I reserve opinions until I've listened a while. Impressed so far...
  10. 20170619_210248

20170619_210248

11. 20170619_210351

20170619_210351

12. 20170619_210334

20170619_210334

13. 20170619_210304

20170619_210304

14. RichmondMark

OK thanks. The C31V is nearly here. I'll let everyone know my thought when it arrives and I get a chance to listen...
  15. RichmondMark

Thanks for all the replies -- interesting to hear a little history on the glass face plates, generally. Good stuff. OK so I'm still curious about this output rating question. Do any of you have any idea why the C31V was designed with and output rated @ 1.5V when most other (actually, all...
  16. RichmondMark

I guess you could say I'm trying to see the glass half-full with the C31V...:thumbsup:
  17. RichmondMark

I think the C30 looks like the best of the bunch to me stats wise and looks wise -- no monitor amp like the 32, 33, 34V. That's really what I was looking for remote or not. I'm not wild about the half glass front of the C31V either...it is, at least, consistent with the MC7270 which has the...
  18. RichmondMark

Quartersaw -- Thanks. I'm glad to hear you are thrilled with the performance. I hope I'll feel the same. I think I like the thermometer look over the digital display of the C35 looks wise although I could see the benefit of associating a number with your typical listening level.
  19. RichmondMark

CruzBay -- thanks...Yes I understand that the C-34V outsold it (and sold over a much longer time frame). Obviously the C34V also had the built in amp (i'm not sure that makes it a better pre). But the C34V just looks more like it's predecessors -- it had the look (which i like better). The...
  20. RichmondMark

Great. Given all that (plus the remote) it seems like a great value in comparison to what some of the other pre's from that era are going for. I'm looking forward to putting it through the paces.
  21. RichmondMark

Yes...It's nice when you can settle down and concentrate on the music. The C-28/MC-2105 have been in the stable for a while and have let me do that...I'm hoping the C31V and MC7270 will be around for a while as well...
  22. RichmondMark

Yes...sadly, you are right...I'm sure I will...its the nature of the audio addiction...
  23. RichmondMark

Interesting. Buyer remorse? What's that? Price was right so I doubt it. Besides, I've only ever experienced seller's remorse....
  24. RichmondMark

Mackie...I agree. I was torn about it and I really don't care for the look as much as the 32, 33, 34V's, etc... In the end my curiosity and cheap side prevailed. I took advantage of the lower value and I hope it sounds pretty tight with the MC 7270 based on its specs. And then I plan to keep...
  25. RichmondMark

Great, yes I was able to find a remote on Ebay. That's going to be nice -- I've been using a C28 with the volume/power switch combo. I really don't like the looks of the C31V push button volume but at the end of the day I think it contributed to the low price in comparison to other Mac pre's...
Back
Top Bottom