Search results

1. Dirtnap

Let's see your cans!

Vintage Koss K6's feeling my little 434 :)
  2. Dirtnap

Thanks for the Reommendations - Much Enjoyment :)

And now with this system, the ride just became that much more enjoyable :D Thanks again. Now back to the ........ :music:
  3. Dirtnap

Thanks for the Reommendations - Much Enjoyment :)

Finally getting a chance to post some pics of my first vintage system, and to say thanks for the recommendations. I'm really enjoying both the learning process and listening experience. Pioneer SX-434 and Realistic 7W's with a set of JVC-HARX700 headphones. It has been wonderful to have over...
  4. Dirtnap

BA HD5's or Minimus 7w's for a low WPC Pioneer SX?

Progress update - Minimus 7W's incoming for a great price. Now for the receiver selection. I have an opportunity to pick up an excellent condition SX-434 will all functions and lamps guaranteed for a reasonable price. I'll post some pics when the decision is made, and provide some...
  5. Dirtnap

Best Buy Insignias, myth is true

Are the used one's on ebay a gamble? they seem to be going cheap.
  6. Dirtnap

Thanks for the recommendation, Fiddlefye. I would very much like to try those Yamaha's. I'll keep my eyes open.
  7. Dirtnap

Good Vintage Pioneer Bookshelf Speakers?

Thanks for the suggestions - much reading to do :)
  8. Dirtnap

Very interesting, and using a receiver I'm seriously considering. Thanks Mattsd
  9. Dirtnap

Good Vintage Pioneer Bookshelf Speakers?

Guys, I posted a thread in vintage looking for reviews on some bookshelf speakers to match with a 636 or 737 receiver. But thought I might also inquire here to see if anyone could recommend a smaller, vintage pair of Pioneer speakers that may also be a good match for a small room setup...
  10. Dirtnap

As in the OP, I'm open to other recommendations. I would prefer the speakers to be small and have traditional wood boxes and, as per my avatar, I'm from parts unknown :)
  11. Dirtnap

Thanks guys. They both seem to be a pretty good value. Sounds like I can't really go wrong with this decision. I'll just pick up the first decent pair and replace them if unsatisfied.
  12. Dirtnap

Guys, There is little chance I'll be able to sample these speakers, so would like to defer to the experience on this site for some recommendations. This is my first foray back into vintage equipment, so need to be cost conscious for the speakers (~$100), and to adhere to the antuiquy/wood...
  13. Dirtnap

Old new guy from the Oly Peninsula

And a good thought at that. I like the looks of that SX 737, and plenty of power for my needs. I'll start some research on the speakers. Thanks for the recommendations.
  14. Dirtnap

Lived in many parts of the US and Canada - thus from "parts unknown" :) Spent some time in Halifax and the south shore chasing those wild maritime women. I even had a great great uncle who ran a rum clipper from Bermuda to Halifax. :thmbsp:
  15. Dirtnap

Bingo. And not a bad place to retire. The fish and chips don't get much better :)
  16. Dirtnap

Hint: The character in the avatar likes bubbles.
  17. Dirtnap

Hello from the Olympic Peninsula

Thanks 1KoolCat, I get that peaceful easy feeling that this could get addictive :)
  18. Dirtnap

Thanks for the welcome, TerryO. I'm up in the Port Townsend area for the time being, but I'm full of the wanderlust :)
  19. Dirtnap

Thanks for the welcome, Moinau. What do you and my avatar have in common?
  20. Dirtnap

I introduced myself briefly in the intro's forum and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the Pioneers's. As I rapidly lose the battle to time and pressure, I got a nostalgic urge to assemble a small-room vintage system. And through the blurry 70's and 80's memories, I vaguely...
  21. Dirtnap

Got a hankerin' for a vintage small-room system and found this treasure trove of information for the reading. But I'm thinking a Pioneer SX series receiver, as a start, and plenty more research for the right speakers. I look forward to the education and really appreciate the aggregation...
Back
Top Bottom