Search results

1. W

Repairing Run Away Speed Problem on Technics SL-5300 series Turntables

Had the runaway speed with my SL-5200 and it worked like a charm. Thanks for this useful info!!!
  2. W

Older Technics or newer turntable

"When you get the arm to float at level, turn the gauge BUT NOT THE WEIGHT to zero." This is the way I do it-sorry for the confusion. I'll check the cueing lift. That could be the culprit. Thanks for the useful info!
  3. W

I haven't calibrated the tracking force. I just level the arm with the weight on it at 0. Then I turn the weight to the proper grams. Is that what you mean by calibrating the gauge? I tried it last night with the skating at 2, hit play, arm swings over to the proper drop point, then angles...
  4. W

Ok. I have the weight on the arm @2 and when I set the skating to the same, it drops toward the inner groove and rides off the lp. Back to 0 and it works fine. I've made sure it's level. I'll have to find someone locally that can work on it.
  5. W

Ok. I was just curious how the 1600 compares to newer turntables. It is a Mk1. I've taken the arm of before, checked the spring, making sure it was at 0 before working on it. It's been a while but I believe if I make an adjustment on the skating-it works at 0-the arm will drop towards the center...
  6. W

I have an older SL1600. The anti-skating doesn't work but the turntable is usable. It has an AT-VM-95ML stylus. I was curious if buying something new-Rega, Audio Technica SL 1500, a better Project-would make a big difference in my system? Currently have a Marantz SR6006 and JBL s580 speakers.
  7. W

JBL Studio 590 vs 580-which one?

I really like them. I do believe they are an improvement over my 100's-not a drastic improvement but noticeable. The soundstage and separation is amazing. I do have to give them more power than the 100's. At some point I'll probably get a different amp or preamp. My listening situation is not...
  8. W

Receiving JBL speakers in 2 days?

They arrived just after noon. I replaced my 100's with these and spent most of the day listening. Listened to Neil Young Homegrown and it sounded great. Compared to my 100's, I had to turn the volume up more to match them but they did sound better.I suppose having a pre-amp would help my Avr. I...
  9. W

I called Estes yesterday and they said they have been extremely busy and that it was contracted out and I should hear from someone today. I checked online and it shows they should be delivered by the end of the day today! Fingers crossed!
  10. W

That's true. I just saw the 2 day shipping and was thinking I'd get them Mon. or Tues. Patience, Grasshopper!
  11. W

I ordered JBL 580's a week ago yesterday. I thought they had 2 day shipping? On Thursday I received an email from JBL that they shipped. On Friday I received an email from Estes Shipping with tracking info and if I wanted it to be unattended and if not, they would contact me. On Tuesday I called...
  12. W

My wife asked how much they cost and I told her a few hundred $. When she see's the price I can tell her how much I saved and that the 590's I initially wanted were more expensive! Actually, I have a guitar to sell that should help. I'll have to check into a sub-or another amp!
  13. W

Just pulled the trigger on the 580's. I feel that they will be sufficient in my situation. But I'll probably wonder about the 590's!
  14. W

The 580's wouldn't be as boomy, i suppose. The specs on the 580 aren't as good as the 590 but I'm just curious how noticeable it would be-especially with a basic setup as mine. Maybe the 590's would be overkill for my system? Maybe the 580's wouldn't be a step up from the JBL 100's? I just don't...
  15. W

It's a typical 2 car garage with a 10'ceiling. It is used for 1 car. The side with out the car is where my speakers are against the back wall. i have a chair about 7'away from that. The speakers are against this wall with shelving of lps in between them. They are about 8' apart. Probably have 2'...
  16. W

I almost pulled the trigger on the 590's a couple weeks ago when they were on sale but missed it. I'm just curious how the 580's would sound compared to the 590's? My stereo is setup in the garage-not the best acoustics but I don't bother anyone there. It is for music-Marantz sr6006, Technics...
  17. W

JBL L100's vs JBL S590's-any opinions?

Great info! The search begins.
  18. W

Thanks for the info. Very helpful! I figured they would probably be as good as the 100's. This is going to lead me down the gear acquisition rabbit hole! I'm going to keep an eye open for the next sale. Meanwhile, sounds like the avr may eventually need updated-sooner than later.
  19. W

The sales over? Well crap! I guess I'll have to wait for Black Friday. It actually gives me more time to think about this. I've been reading all the favorable reviews-plus I purchased the 530's for use in a bedroom setup and love these. I almost ordered the 590's yesterday but thought I'd give...
  20. W

I currently own a pair of the100's-older- but am considering the 590's. I was listening to my 100's last night and was curious if it's worthwhile to replace them with the 590's. I know I can try them and send them back but don't really want to go through the hassle. The 100's I bought used...
  21. W

Ordered some JBL Studio 530s thisafternoon....

Speakers arrived today!!! Can't wait to listen to them.
  22. W

I received a shipping confirmation from Wal Mart stating the delivery by Dec. 24th! I did notice on the invoice the Qty is 1. Hoping that means 1 pair!
  23. W

I received a confirmation from Wal Mart saying they are processing it and they should arrive between the 18th-24th. I'll believe it when I see them!
  24. W

Been interested in these for the past couple years. Missed the past sale and just couldn't pull the trigger and have regretted it. Saw your post and just placed an order. Thanks for passing that on!
  25. W

Help for setting up my 5.1 system

I finally got some dvda's to work. Maybe1/2 of my collection. Still a lot that come up with an error. I believe I may have had a bad cable. Still can't get the sacd's to work. I probably will get an updated avr as that seems to be the answer!
Back
Top Bottom