Search results

1. Rockyhill

Revitalizing AK

I agree, why wouldn't one use the latest technology as part of the research process of a component substitution? Once the alternatives are discovered the data sheets can be consulted.
  2. Rockyhill

Revitalizing AK

We older folks created the technology that enables this form of listening. Rather than alienating those that use it, show them the alternatives that most of use and enjoy. Make a positive impression about life on AK.
  3. Rockyhill

Any cat lovers here?

In college, a roommates mom was into phrenology and handwriting analysis. Interesting lady. Whole family was, as some say in New England, wicked smaht.
  4. Rockyhill

Any cat lovers here?

When we moved into this house Iris was 4 years old. We also had 3 other older cats. Two weeks after the move she disappeared for 10 days and we assumed she was gone for good. But then one Friday morning I looked out onto the deck and there she was! Four years ago our vet said she had end-stage...
  5. Rockyhill

Any cat lovers here?

Our old lady Iris passed recently at the ripe old age of 19. Here she is (the gray one) with Viola from a couple years ago when Vi was less than a year old.
  6. Rockyhill

What tv show are you currently binging?

Recent shows I've completed: Slow Horses (S1-3) Beef (S1) The Tourist (S1-2) The Night Agent (S1) Just started: The Recruit (S1) Slow Horses is on Apple TV+. The rest Netflix. Slow Horses and Beef are excellent. The leads (Gary Oldman, Slow Horses and Steven Yeun/Ali Wong, Beef) are...
  7. Rockyhill

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Streaming KMHD radio while smoking sausages. Just heard Lou Rawls version of For What It’s Worth. 1968. Never heard his cover before. Cool
  8. Rockyhill

Best looking cassette deck?

I used to have a Pioneer CT-F9191 but always liked the look of this Marantz
  9. Rockyhill

Funny, strange, bizarre AI generated images.

Interesting, all the tubes are powered but they're aren't in sockets. Looks like they are sitting on wood!
  10. Rockyhill

Are you traveling to see a total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

Should be a reasonable partial eclipse where I am. Got my official glasses the other day.
  11. Rockyhill

Right: "let's see some lighter AI images. Either images you prompted, or found." If you want to complain about AI, start your own thread.
  12. Rockyhill

"draw a picture of ribs smoking on a weber smokey mountain" That's a kettle, not a WSM.
  13. Rockyhill

Mine came in a 4-pack as well:
  14. Rockyhill

Prompt: "create a picture of an operating tube amplifier"
  15. Rockyhill

√˜˜ Last name, First letter for next famous person

Dennis James
  16. Rockyhill

Roddy McDowall
  17. Rockyhill

What do you do when your Amazon delivery guy is also a porch pirate?

Or install a fake camera as a deterrent
  18. Rockyhill

Analogue speakers and WiFi speakers simultaneously

WiiM products are highly flexible. And you can use a laptop/external DAC with therm. I do just that, daily.
  19. Rockyhill

Michael Rennie
  20. Rockyhill

Slim Whitman
Back
Top Bottom