Search results

1. J

Stratos Clipping?

I have a puzzling problem and am looking for some advice. I am using an Odyssey Stratos amp (output 200wpc 8 ohms) connected to Polk LSI-9 speakers (sensitivity 88dB 4 ohms). At around 95 dB peak music levels (measured by my cell phone A weighted fast response) I start to hear distortion in the...
  2. J

Yamaha T-1

I am the original owner of a Yamaha T-1 FM tuner, purchased in about 1980. The sensitivity and selectivity have declined over the years and it will no longer pull in my favorite low powered stations. I recently replaced it with a Pioneer F-99X based on favorable reviews on the FM tuner website...
  3. J

Vinyl Playback Upgrade

I am currently using an early '90 vintage SOTA Comet with a Sumiko Blue Point Special of similar age. I think the arm supplied by SOTA is an RB300. My preamp is a McIntosh C45 and my amp is an Odyssey Stratos. I am looking to upgrade the quality of my vinyl playback. I have seen a good review...
  4. J

C45 Break in time

I bought a C45 preamp a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would share my experiences with break in / warm up. The sonic changes were slightly noticeable when playing CDs thru the high level inputs, but much more dramatic when playing records thru the phono stage. My comments below are relative...
Back
Top Bottom