Search results

1. M

Question about step up transformers

I am dying to use the phono stage in my Scott 299b with my Clearaudio Concept low voltage (.4mv output) MC cart. My understanding is the phono inputs on the 299b won't be able to deal with the low output voltage, and a step up trandsformer has been recommended. I am currently using a...
  2. M

Rye

I need the collective wisdom of AK - and with some great content I saw around the bourbon/whiskey thread, I wanted to talk about a spirit that I dont know a lot about. My fathers birthday is tomorrow, and he is a bourbon and single malt drinker - I believe his favorites are Makers Mark and Oban...
  3. M

My first McIntosh - an MA-6100

Received a call from a friend regarding some vintage stereo equipment for sale at a recent estate sale that he was going to - pictures were available online, and I saw clearly that it was a Mac MA6100 and an MR78 tuner. (original pic here: ) Always being in the market for vintage integrateds...
  4. M

Never used ADS L780/2 - nice

Wish I needed these! They are right nearby too. --- http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/2117736757.html Pair of ADS L780/2 high end stereo speakers ! Vintage around 1985 ....These speakers are from an estate in Newport, RI Excellent condition as they were never used !!! Retail list...
  5. M

Old and highly rated or New, cheap and advanced!?!?

Here is the conundrum. My Rotel CD player kicked the bucket, and I would like to get CD playing back into my system - but I need a little AK widsom on my current thoughts. I don't think I want to buy a newer higher end player, as I am not really committed to the format - I prefer my...
  6. M

New acquisition - Marantz 2010

OK, so after having caught the bug with my recent clean up of a Marantz 2252B for a record-cleaning-lair / basement system, and really liking the sound of this receiver, I wanted to put together a small system for my wife's attic office. She wants to spin vinyl mainly, but also listen to a...
  7. M

Cleaned up 2252B

Finished re-assembling my Marantz 2252B that I purchased on Craigslist recently. Now that it is all cleaned up, and all lights replaced, this thing looks and sounds terrific - I really like it. I find that it sounds quite warm, yet accurate - I have heard reports of brightness on this model...
  8. M

Marantz 2252B questions

Well, I made my first foray into the world of vintage audio equipment. I wanted to put together a little system for my basement, and one for my attic, and on a whim, I looked at receivers on craigslist. Locally, I found a decent looking Marantz 2252B which I ended up purchasing the same day -...
  9. M

Pro Ject Debut III cartridge bottoming out

First post - great forum here, I have learned a lot. I have been having an issue with my Debut III, mainly on thicker 180g vinyl, where the rear part of the cartridge occasionally bottoms out against the record, creating a knocking sound that is quite audible, especially between tracks. Is...
Back
Top Bottom