Search results

1. Bogframe

Pioneer CU-VSX016 Remote Control Instructions

The original remote for my Pioneer VSX-4500 receiver is dying. The closest I could get to replace the CU-VSX006 remote was a CU-VSX006, which doesn't have the "Learn" feature the other one has that lets me clone buttons from other remotes to it. I haven't been able to find a manual for it...
  2. Bogframe

20 Years

No, but I'm around and have been Since 2005. Not quite charter member material, but close enough for Rock 'n Roll!
  3. Bogframe

Remember The Truckstopper Sandwich and Big 'Un From 7-11?

My aunt Janet and uncle Mendel were science professors at UVA in the 70s.
  4. Bogframe

Comment by 'Bogframe' in media 'HPM-100'

Is there really a difference between the "100W" model and the "200W" model with the trim around the port? I'm being told that it was just a marketing ploy and there's no difference.
  5. Bogframe

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

The Ronco Showtime Rotisserie did it's stuff, and so did The Lovely Blanche with her Sweet Potato Supreme with craisins and pure maple syrup and Brussels Sprouts sauteéd with bacon and shallots!.
  6. Bogframe

Post your photography!!

While out and about on 125th Street... .
  7. Bogframe

The Car You Regret Getting Rid Of

My 1966 S&S Park Row Model, It ran so quiet you couldn't hear the engine, handle like a dream and hauled ass when needed. It had so much headroom I could and did wear a top hat when I drove it.
  8. Bogframe

Classy Women

The Lovely Blanche
  9. Bogframe

Homemade White Rum

A friend of mine from Maine also has a place in Puerto Rico. He came up a few years ago and gifted me three bottles of booze he distilled from sugar cane. I am not, by any means a big drinker, but I was intrigued enough by the gift, the story behind it and the proof, so I had the Lovely Blanche...
  10. Bogframe

George Foreman Grills

I'm on my third and I love it. As for cleaning, I put it on the side of my sink while it's still hot and go over it with a thick soapy sponge and then rinse with a non-soapy one. The residual heat dries it. Easy-peasy.
  11. Bogframe

Happy Birthday Bogframe!

Thank you all! I am on my way to my 23, 010 day checkup and then off to a full Irish Breakfast!
  12. Bogframe

Post your Sunset & Sunrise pictures

I shot this from the A train.
  13. Bogframe

Any Graphic Artists or Photoshoppers Here?

I use it mostly for photo restoration. It keeps us in pizza
  14. Bogframe

Left Speaker Relays

Why does it seem that the left speaker relay in an integrated amp or receiver is always the first part to go? I've had the same problem in a Rotel I had, My Pioneer SA-8800 and my Realistic STA-2000D.
  15. Bogframe

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

We're both alive in spite of more than a few health setbacks. Thanks for asking!
  16. Bogframe

1970's listening space - Please help contribute

I just realized I didn't post MY 70s listening space. You can just make out my Juliette all in one behind me
  17. Bogframe

Don't do fast food after 4:00PM and Never on Sunday

I don't get fast food often, but once in a while I'll head to Burger King for a big-ass breakfast burrito (They call it egg-normous, but I refuse to say that). It's scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns and cheese in a flour tortilla. No condiments, no nothing. I think it's the best thing...
  18. Bogframe

Chef's Knives! Quality Pays!

Out of all my knives, this carbon steel carving knife by Gustav Emil Ern that I bought on The Bowery in NYC for $10 is my all-time favorite. It's got a thin, but flexible blade that's murderously sharp and has never needed more than a couple of strokes on a steel to carve paper this slices from...
  19. Bogframe

Anyone know why Onions are so crappy lately?

I live in a Chinese neighborhood where produce is cheap, plentiful and high-quality. I haven't seen any change in our onions of any variety!
  20. Bogframe

The New Jersey Hot Dog Tour

I had one of the best Italian hot dogs ever in Linden at Big Blue Subs by the Linden train station Jersey has some of the best hot dogs anywhere in places like Johhny & Hanges and Goffle Grill for Texas Weiners (Deep fried Thumann's hot dogs with chili and raw onlions and Rutt's Hutt who has...
  21. Bogframe

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

When the Lovely Blanche is away...
  22. Bogframe

Pioneer VSX-4500S

I have one for my TV using a pair of 100W HPM100s for speakers. The only drawback is that there's no HDMI input, so I have to use an 1/8" plug to R/L RCA jacks from the headphone output of the TV to the VDP in on the receiver.
  23. Bogframe

Anyone partake in the weed

I developed Crohn's Disease in 1974 when I was 14 from a chemical spill in my town. I started smoking weed in 1976 when I was 16 and the symptoms vanished, but at the time I never made the connection. I quit smoking in the late 90s and the symptoms returned with a vengeance. Following a...
  24. Bogframe

Death Wish Chili

I do love their coffee.
Back
Top Bottom