Search results

1. dobyman

SX-1980 meter sticking.

My SX-1980 has always worked perfectly, but yesterday I noticed that the left meter wont go down all the way when power is on. It goes all the way down if you power it off, and it works exactly the same as the right one if you turn up the volume. But at low volume, it sticks at about .5v...
  2. dobyman

Help with Thorens TD 124 speed fluctuation

I have a TD-124 MK II that I have owned for about 10 years. Today I was playing it, which I don't do too often because I prefer my Denon DP-72L with the auto lift, but anyway, I noticed a fluctuation in the speed. I never noticed it before, but I could hear it today. And when I looked at the...
  3. dobyman

What to use on Yamaha cabinets??

What if anything do you use on your Yamaha cases? I have a CA-1000 and a CT-600 and the cases are pretty dull. Is that the way they are supposed to be, or should they have a luster to them? I'm used to Pioneer and Sansui walnut cabinets that I use F&W on. I don't want to screw them up...
  4. dobyman

Are these Dual 1019 parts??

I ran across a Dual 1019 owner's manual and it had a few things in the bag with it that I'm not sure of. I know the strobe disc belongs, but what are the screws, and plastic tubes for and is there a lamp that goes in there somewhere?? If its junk, I'll toss them and keep the manual and strobe...
  5. dobyman

Musty smelling turntable???

I recently picked up a gorgeous Denon DP-60L turntable, but whoever had it before me must had stored it in a damp basement or garage and it smells pretty musty. I cleaned and wiped everything down and I have been placing rags soaked with Frebreze on in a cup under the dustcover, alternating...
  6. dobyman

Yamaha CA-1000 pilot lamp

I need confirmation that my Yamaha CA-1000 pilot lamp is for sure a 12v 60ma bulb. Would any 12v bulb work? Or a 12v LED instead? Thanks in advance!!
  7. dobyman

Yamaha CR-800 meter lamps wont work.

I recently picked up a super clean CR-800 and of course all of the lamps were out. I got some LEDs on ebay and started swapping them out. When I turned the power on, the dial indicator lamp worked, but all 3 of the meter lamps did not. I can't get any power reading at the meter lamp lugs...
  8. dobyman

Denon DP-60L counterweight questionI

I just grabbed a Denon DP-60L turntable that does not have a counterweight on it. I currently only have the straight arm for it. Will a counterweight for the S arm work for the straight arm? What is the difference between the 2 counterweights that it came with? I have a DP-72L here and there...
  9. dobyman

JBL L100 grill cloth

I am thinking of putting new grill cloth on these L100's, but I cant figure out how to get the grills apart to change it. Is there a secret to it.
  10. dobyman

HK ST-7 Turntable issues.

I just grabbed a HK ST-7 linear tracking TT as part of a package deal I picked yesterday. I plugged it in and turned it on, and as the platter spins, it will make a intermittent clicking noise. Its been in storage for quite a few years in the original box and packing, so this is the first time...
  11. dobyman

Black Max B-40 Speakers??

Today I picked up a pair of Black Max B-40 speakers from the original owner. Very heavy and solid. Sound very good too. But I can't find any info on them. There's a few posts on the B-30 and B-50, but absolutely nothing on the 40 series. I can't pull the grills because they are sewn like a...
  12. dobyman

5050 question

I picked up a 5050 today and it works great, but I opened it up to do some cleaning inside and I noticed this brown wire that has been cut, and I have no idea what it does or where it should go. Anyone have a 5050 that they can show me or tell me where it goes? Its just under the dial lamp box.
  13. dobyman

SX-1980 serial number...

I have been getting pictures and serial numbers of all of my equipment for insurance purposes, and I searched on my SX-1980 and most of them have a metal plate riveted to the back panel just under the model info, but mine has no plate there. Is this OBA6333 the serial number? There's no other...
  14. dobyman

Sony PS-X5 issues...

I just picked up a super nice PS-X5 but there's something wrong with the cams or clutches. The main gear doesn't move around unless you start it. It just sits where the gap in the teeth are, so the gear on the spindle clicks the other teeth and it makes a loud clatter. Is there supposed to be...
  15. dobyman

Technics SU-V4 amp value?

Anyone know what a Technics SU-V4 amp is worth? I cleaned all of the pots and switches, and I must say, for a 55 watt amp, this thing is a house shaker. Super clean too. I had to repaint the case, but it came out pretty nice. TIA!
  16. dobyman

MCS 3223 dial lamps

Does anyone know the voltage for the MCS 3223 dial lamps? There's nothing listed anywhere that I can find. Thanks in advance!
  17. dobyman

NAD 7020 lamp

Anyone out there know what the pilot/dial lamp size is for a NAD 7020 receiver? Mine is blown and has no markings. The SM doesn't say. Thanks in advance.
  18. dobyman

Dual 506 belt question

I just picked up a Dual 506 and the speed is slow. I checked the belt and its very loose, but I can't get the platter of to change it. Is there a trick or am I missing something? Never had this model before so I dont want to get forceful until I know for sure.
  19. dobyman

NAD 6240 Cassette display

Today I grabbed a NAD 7020 receiver, 5340 CD player and 6240 cassette deck. I was doubting if the cassette deck would work, but it fired right up and played the tape. But there's no light meter display. Is this common? Fuse? Or is it scrap?
  20. dobyman

Pioneer CS-R700 speakers.

I just happen to come across 2 pair of these Pioneer CS-R700 speakers, in the original boxes, and shipping boxes. Stored for 25 years. One owner, etc. and mint. The only pair currently listed on ebay look like they were hit by a train and he's asking $200. The only sold pair were from Italy...
  21. dobyman

Pioneer CS-R700 question, or actually an observation

I just grabbed 4 Pioneer CS-R700's, in the original boxes, and outer shipping boxes, that have been stored for 25 years. They are all in near mint condition except one terminal post is broken. As I was looking them over before I bought them, I noticed that three of them have FB on the cones...
  22. dobyman

2202B FM is garbled

I just grabbed a 2220B and the phono section sounds fantastic, but the FM sounds very garbled. Sounds like everyone is gargling. Its even worse if you turn on the loudness button. But even without that, its just not clear. Any ideas on how I can fix or adjust the FM?? Thanks in advance!!!
  23. dobyman

SX-980 lamp holders

I'm sure this is a common problem on the SX-X80 series receivers. I just picked up a SX-980 and all 3 lamp sockets have broken tabs on them. The previous owner had them held in place with electrical tape. Is there a way to fix, or a hack out there to repair or hold them back into place?
  24. dobyman

Sansui SR-838 question

Is there supposed to be a lamp under the SR-838 power switch, or is that little square just painted red? Looking in the service manual and it really doesn't show a lamp, but a few I have seen look illuminated. Thanks for the advice. Steve
  25. dobyman

TD-160 motor issues.

I have a chance to buy a few pieces from a guy, that includes a TD-160. I have to admit, they are probably the worse cases I have ever bought as far as condition goes. The turntable motor doesnt seem to spin, it just vibrates. I finally played with it enough that i got it to spin if I start...
Back
Top Bottom