1980s

1. artsybob

Sony CDP-31 CD Player Repair Help

Hello forum! I posted this on the Digital Sources subforum, but I figure I'd post it here as well. I'm trying to repair my mother's 1987 Sony CDP-31. It was working fine until recently when the CD tray started acting funny. At first I assumed it was the CD tray belt and I replaced that. The tray...
  2. artsybob

Sony CD-31 Not Loading CDs, Making Noise

Hello forum! I'm trying to repair my mother's 1987 Sony CDP-31. It was working fine until recently when the CD tray started acting funny. At first I assumed it was the CD tray belt and I replaced that. The tray moves smoothly, but once the CD tray goes back in, the spindle arm tries to lower and...
  3. P

80s Integra/DCM System

I am in the process of putting together systems based on decade from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s. It has been a lot of fun researching and hunting down equipment. I would like some input on the 80s system. A while back, I picked up a set of DCM TF500 speakers, which have really impressed me...
  4. C

Roland Rs09 Troubleshooting

Any tips on troubleshooting intermittent sputters and pops? I recapped the power supply. Figured it would need to be done eventually even if not the culprit. Also retouched some solder joints that looked dry and reconnected one part of the circuit using wire, where the pcb is cracked. I don’t...
  5. P

Mission 700 - Mark II

I'm a newbie on this forum. I've read a couple of threads discussing the Mission 700 Mk II speakers - but those threads were from quite a while back. And they were rather tech heavy. I know these were designed as a bookshelf speaker. Mid-1980s - which is when I bought them. I was using them...
  6. guy232

Yam R-70 ('83) still sounds poor & imbalanced: voltages good after re-cap/reflows

Service manual .pdf hosted: https://docdro.id/EbfVYvc I've been doing some work (details listed below) on my R-70 and learning quite a bit but it still sounds rather poor as it initially did, also the left channel is weaker. I've tested the device unloaded and all of the PS voltages are in...
  7. guy232

'83 Yamaha R-70 Restoration - Novice First Project

R-70 Service Manual: https://docdro.id/P9uWhrM Started this project with zero experience with electronics/repair. Did research via google, youtube & forum searches and bought the tools i'd need to re-cap the entire main PCB on this unit. A majority of the caps showed signs of...
  8. E

Search for Repairman Pioneer

Hello All, I have some older Pioneer units that need repaired and looked at from about 1984. I am in West Virginia. Does anyone know how i might go about finding someone that has a shop and does this kind of thing and / or who maybe even specializes in Pioneer older equipment. Nice to meet...
  9. S

Hafler Power XL-280 Amp & Pre Amp DH-110 Restoration

I these two units that are both in working order, I am missing one rca jack for the tuner input on the DH-110, anybody know of a suitable part on mouser? Also looking to possible replace a few caps or resistors or small mods to bring these back up to spec. From my experience with these they...
  10. jeeem

Name That '80s Cassette Deck Challenge?

Well, I've been looking for days (on eBay, HiFiEngine, Vintage Knob, etc.) in search of my favorite cassette deck I owned in the '80s. No luck. So I figured who better to ask about it than you all? It wasn't a fancy deck by any stretch and I can't even remember the make or model -- but it was...
  11. Q

Onkyo TX-17 - Trouble Tuning and Station Memory

Picked up a "pristine" no scratches, flawless looking Onkyo TX-17 from Goodwill for $10 recently. It honestly looked as though it's never been used. Anyway, it seems to have trouble tuning FM and locking in stations as "tuned" and "stereo". It will indeed tune these local FM stations with...
Back
Top Bottom