1. James Cox

Tandburg 2080 restoration problems

Well I'm back with another head scratcher! My friend brought me a tandberg 2080 to try to get restored and up and running for him. I tried to warn him that I'm more familiar with tube stuff and have only done basic recaps on solid state gear but he wouldnt listen! So we this thing arrived on...
  2. pari57

Tandberg TR 2075 ; the Q. is: to recap or not to recap ?

Hi there, I stumbled upon an Tandberg TR 2075 from,... I guess 75/76 (based on the parts-production dates).. completely genuine, no fixes. Apart from the optics; it is really dirty (and somehow sticky), the machine works great. Just 3 display lamps need replacement, but that's it. However...
  3. L

Yamaha M-85 Slightly Disappointing?

Some might take this the wrong way but I purchased a Yamaha m-85 for $225 and I am not that impressed. Do any research for this amp and you will be bombarded with how "powerful" it is. Maybe my unit is not working properly.....I am driving Cerwin Vega VS-150's and or Cerwin Vega D-9's. I...
  4. T

Tandberg TR 2080 not producing any sound

Hey guys, first post :) I have a Tandberg TR2080 that was my fathers. I beat the crap out of it in my teenage years unfortunately so it is in need of some TLC. I convinced him to let me do right by my mistakes from when I was a younger man and offered to restore it as best I could. It powers...
Back
Top Bottom