2220b

1. D

Marantz 2220b phono hum

First post from novice DIY. I replaced the lights and cleaned the connectors on my wife's original 2220b receiver and it sounds much better. During testing, I noticed a significant hum from the phono selector with no external turntable or other inputs attached. It was very noticeable at 1/4...
  2. D

Marantz 2220B - Recap?

Hi, My recently acquired Marantz 2220B works perfect, but shows no signs of ever being serviced. Should I recap it? I have all the parts, I've been studying, but... if it's not broken, should I fix it? I've attached a few photos and wondering if someone might help me identify some of the...
  3. soundguy9

marantz 2220B with an additional strange board!

Hello All, I recently recapped my beloved 2220B and let me tell you what a learning experience it was. Finally, after adjusting power supply, bias and DC offset voltages it sounds just as good as before it was recapped IMO. But ofcourse, it is a reliable unit for many years to come. In the...
  4. B

2220b No Output

So I purchased a working 2220b from the original owner. I set out to restore it -- changing lights, cleaning pots, changing out capacitors for most the boards (not AM/FM). I checked after working each board and it worked. But then I plugged it into my main speakers, which have these dumb...
  5. Gustavsson

Marantz 22XX convert to banana plugs - 3D print

I have created a 3D print file for anyone that wants to convert their Marantz 22XX from push/clip springs to accepting Banana plugs. Design is based on my 2220B. You will need binding posts, heat inserts, sandpaper and a solder iron. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5252289
  6. blenderhand

Marantz 2220B output issues

Hello! I have a 2220B and I’m having some issues with the output in the right channel. I looked through other similar posts and have switched out the output relay as suggested. It’s seemed fine but now it’s doing it again. It will get crackly and then eventually stop working all together. When I...
  7. Gustavsson

2220b - Dial indicator light - flickering

The dial pointer lamp was dead in my unit (along with most of the other incadescents). I bought a kit from aliexpress, link. The regular LEDs work fine and the dial pointer lamp lights up fine. But there's a faint flickering. It's not very obvious, but thought I'd ask just in case. Any way to...
  8. moodyj2000

Marantz 2245 Value

So in looking at picking up a Marantz for a good phono stage I have settled on a 2245 based upon all I have read and recommendations. Problem is the cost. The days of finding one for $100 are gone and I don't live in a region of a country where thrift stores and yard sales are full of vintage...
  9. CrazyEye

Hardwiring Bluetooth 5v-24v module internally to a 2220B

First post on here! I'm sure many of you will cringe at the fact of adding bluetooth to a vintage receiver However I've been wanting to do it for quiet some time now, I just recapped the entire receiver and had a lot of fun doing it. Everything is running right and voltages are in spec (or...
  10. Jermy69

Marantz 2220B problem.

I recently started a rebuild of my Marantz 2220B. While i have experience working with & soldering circuit board, this is my first rebuild on an old receiver. The only problem I have seems to be a tough one...no one else can figure it out or even give me any useful ideas what it could be. The...
  11. P

Marantz 2220B Not starting up

Hi AK friends! Hope you're well. This is my first post here. A friend brought in his Marantz 2220B which isn't switching to "active" mode anymore. I immediately suspected a bad speaker relay, but first checked voltages here & there + followed the adjustment procedures. Voltage of the PSU board...
  12. V

Differences between Tape & AUX input on Marantz 2220b?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any specific convictions on the idea that these inputs are functionally the same on a Marantz 2220b. Basically, I have been trying out a Tube Box S2 just out of curiosity to see if I like it better than the built in phono-stage. Further complicating this...
  13. S

Choose 2220 or 2220B?

I have been offered a choice of 2220 or 2220B. I love my 2230, so I am looking for more of that kind of sound, if that helps any. What distinctions are present between the two, and why might I choose one over the other? Looking forward to discussion with Marantz owners! Sax & Guitar
  14. V

Brown/Yellow Gunk Around Chipsets?

Hi All! Been reading a lot over here the past couple of weeks, very new to all of this but longtime lover of music. Apologies for the naïveté of this question but my recent stuck at home status pushed me to getting a used Marantz 2220b off Ebay for a fair(ish) price and I could not be more...
  15. hogwylde09

2220b recap and learning curve STILL BIAS ISSUES

Winter is here, and I will not get much riding time on my Harley Davidson Street Glide. Even here in Texas. Getting old and can't handle the cold weather sucks. Besides, I love to tinker with inside projects. I have a few. A Sansui 500a and this Marantz 2220b I picked up for next to nothing on...
  16. Richs_Trains

Marantz 2220b rust bucket needs some FM, tuner help

Hey Guys, Decided to put the 1150 on hold and found a 2220b that looked good on the outside, but..... the inside has had a rough time with moisture and rust. It arrived in ok shape and only suffered a broken speaker terminal in shipping. I replaced the speaker terminal and powered it up on a...
  17. R

Please Share Your Advice On a Marantz 2220B

Hi, A local technician is selling a 2220B for $300 dollars serviced. Below is the service that he is offering. 1. Cleaned all controls, lubricated. 2. Install LED lamps 3. Replace the dial meter velum if needed. 3. All inputs and outputs checked 4. Wax the dial cord 5. Check the AM/FM...
  18. Y

Marantz 2220B bad J812 and J808 Voltage

Howdy, Still working on my receiver after replacing some components in the PSB already. What's replaced is shown in yellow and what's not been replaced is shown in red. I am getting a reading of ~5V @ J808 and ~5V @ J812. Per the manual J812 should be getting 35V and J808 should be getting...
  19. M

2220B adding actual Ground to Power cable

Hi! New here and thanks for all the info here on my 2220b. I have had this about 10yrs and over the holidays I noticed things didn't sound right and sure enough all my internal voltages were off a little from spec. So got out the meter and spent some time on the bench getting everything back to...
  20. Y

Audio cutting in and out on 2220B

Hello. I have a 2220B that I purchased a long time ago. I bought it second hand off someone with too many projects. It needed some love and a recapping, and since then its original problem, which made any sounds coming from it have what sounded like someone was blowing into a microphone...
  21. Aaron99

Are the Marantz AM antenna interchangable?

Another lost Marantz followed me home... This time it is a 2220B. I haven't gone through the internals yet, but the AM antenna is missing from the back. Do I need to source one from another 2220B or are they interchangeable between other models?
  22. need2boat

2220B phono issue

2020B phono issue I was hoping to get some help diagnosing a problem when I use the phone selection. I've tried 2 different record players and I'm getting intermittent noise and slight pops of varying loudness. What I've tried so far: changed speakers Cleaned all RCA plugs and connections...
  23. need2boat

2020B phono issue

2020B phono issue I was hoping to get some help diagnosing a problem when I use the phone selection. I've tried 2 different record players and I'm getting intermittent noise and slight pops of varying loudness. What I've tried so far: changed speakers Cleaned all RCA plugs and connections...
  24. Richs_Trains

2230B Capacitor Question

Hello, I replaced all the electrolytic caps on the power amp board except the 4 axial 220uf 50v caps in the center. I was not able to find any 'audio grade' caps in this configuration, but I was able to find 'standard grade'. My question, is it better to use radial 'audio grade' and have long...
  25. Richs_Trains

Filter Caps

Ok, I know it is a dumb question, but that's why I am here, hopefully to learn. When I look at the values for filter caps from the suppliers, they offer several different terminations, i.e. 'snap in' , 'screw terminal', etc. What should I be ordering for the best connection? Thank you Rich
Back
Top Bottom