1. Dave Sanders

Marantz 2270 Service Manual with Bulletins

Found this SM for the 2270 which has better detail especially in the images and also has Service Bulletns.
  2. Tom AE5CH

Howdy from Tulsa Tom

Ive been reading AK for years and its time to sign in. I may have had an old account but Ive changed emails often due to hackings. Im back doing some maintenance on Marantz stuff. So many genious people in AK. Right now rebuilding my 2270 P700 board. Im taking copious notes as new info...
  3. DomPal

Imbalance output

Hello good people! I recently installed new diodes, caps transistors, thermistors.. on my Marantz 2270. Now my mistake is that I didn’t recird the output before I started so there’s no way of knowing i mf the problem was present before. I started on the Right channel board first and I checked...
  4. DomPal

What is the gain of a Marantz 2270

Does anyone know the gain of a 2270 with calculations? I can’t find it on the spec sheet. I try to calculate it based on the rated output at 8 ohm but I get Gain = 100. That can’t be right, right?
  5. DomPal

Where to connect the sub on a Marantz 2270

Hello, Is it right that you connect the sub on the remote speaker termials on a Maratnz 2270 and the stereo speakers on the main terminals? So when you are listening to music you should have both main and remote speakers switches turned on. Is this bad for the amplifier or is a 2270 made for...
  6. MorrisonAgen

No radio signal at all from Marantz 2270

Hey all, I recently picked up a Marantz 2270 that was in excellent, unrestored condition. I have completed a full restore of the unit, but I am getting absolutely ZERO from any of the radio functions on it. When I turn the volume all the way up, I get a very light pulsing sound, but no static...
  7. DomPal

What is this capacitor for? I can't see it in the schematics

It is connected between J761 and J758 on the amp board. Do you guys have any spec for this one and alternative replacement if needed? I think it says .01uF KCK
  8. DomPal

My amp board wiring is not exactly like the schematics

I have both amp boards out and was just checking the resistor values and I noticed something. If you look at the pics the resistor R785 (yellow arrow) is a short when it is suppose to be a 3.9ohm resistor. Is this normal or should i put a resistor with the right value? Why is it like this?
  9. ianstaub

My Marantz 2270 doesn't sound any better than my modern Denon AVR-X1700H. What am I missing?

Hi all, hoping for some opinions. TL;DR: I can't tell much of a difference between my un-serviced Marantz 2270 and Denon AVR-X1700H in A/B tests. What am I missing? Background: Since this summer I've been happily listening to music on my relatively new Denon AVR-X1700H feeding Klipsch Heresy...
  10. DomPal

Marantz 2270 - Sound at start but then protection relay kicks in after a while.

Hello folks, I have a Marantz 2270 that I bought from ebay. When I first got it and connected everything, plugged it in the the power socket, it sounded great and everything worked. Then after maybe 2 hours of listening I heard a click from the relay then there was no sound. The music came back...
  11. ocdecio

2270 - Flickering stereo due to noise

This is another case of FM stereo on a 2270 that I've not seen before. From what I could measure, the noise detection circuit is preventing stereo from holding - it flickers once in a while and it follows the noise signal at J555. I am wondering if a noisy transistor in the IF section could...
  12. davstev

Power switch Marantz 2270: my attempt

I know that replacement switches for Marantz's can be ordered for not much money, and this is my backup plan. I recently acquired a 2270 with the common faulty switch problem and am replacing it. I went to a local electrical supply store that has a good selection of switches and located a...
  13. dinkylink

Help !Marantz 2270 loud hum popping sound

Hello guys, thank you all for reading this , I have a Marantz 2270 that just came out of storage , it used to work beautiful but now as soon as you turn on the speaker relay disengages after a few seconds and get a loud hum popping noise for a second , relay kicks into protection disengages...
  14. Y

2270 Restoration

Bringing back from the dead a 2270. Bought it off CL in horrible shape, was mainly used as home for mice - I found all their food stashes... They loved P-800 for their chips hideaway. One of the smaller issues is the broken selector switch. I would like to attempt the surgical approach as...
  15. mmsean

Marantz 2270 Faceplate Creators?

Anyone know anyone who is making silver or possibly black etched faceplates anymore? I know I can order one from Germany on the bay but I'd rather buy from a member here. Would prefer a silver face too.
  16. disfunktor

Upgrade from PM 7001 KI to 2275?

I always loved the looks, and sound reviews of 2270, 2275, 2285 and 2325s. I heard (and loved very much) the 2285 in action, but only briefly and in a relatively unfamiliar setup (AR9 speakers) and an unfamiliar ambient (a rather big living room dedicated to hifi stereo), so I cannot really put...
  17. mstewart

Marantz 2270 Selector Knob Partially Broken

Up until now all of my posts have been in the Pioneer forum. The other day I sold one of my receivers and came across a 2270. Since I've never owned a Marantz I was interested and ended up buying it. I may be having buyers remorse I haven't decided quite yet. I have been having a hard time...
  18. T

Marantz 2270 Opinions

Hey everyone, There is a guy selling a 2270 for $500 locally. Since I've gotten into audio, I've wanted to get a Marantz because they are beautiful and I've listened to them and love their low end. I don't know anything about the reciever, I am assuming it is in working unrestored condition, I...
  19. R Krawczyk

Marantz 2270 P750 Replica Board

Hi All! This is a followup post from a few years ago regarding the work that AK member ton4eff did in producing a replica board for the Marantz 2245/2270 P750 amp boards. You can reference the original post here...
  20. S

60Hz triangle wave hum Marantz 2270

I just acquired a 2270, and did a full re-cap. There's a 60Hz triangle wave hum I can measure with a scope (which may or may not have been there before) that gets louder with increased volume, independent of source selection. I can also still here it when I disconnect the pre-amp, but it no...
  21. P

New system info

Hello all, New to this format.. I’m just starting to rebuild a nice system... I have the opportunity to pair a Marantz 2270 with a nice pair of HD 880 speakers.. is this a good match ?
  22. goldswimmerb

Another cheap Marantz 2270 (this ones gonna be fun)

Hey guys, so figured I'd document my fun that I'm going to have with my recent acquisition of a "for parts" 2270 from ye olde evil bay site. According to the seller he started recapping it, then ran out of time to finish it, although my bet is that he messed up somewhere and gave up. Apparently...
  23. rustyhusky

Marantz 2270 unstable DC Offset causes?

Well, I almost got through my second rebuild without tapping the AudioKarma brain trust, but I'm having an issue with the DC offset on the right channel P750 power amp board of my cousin's 2270 (S/N 53625). Without going into too much detail, this unit initially required a new power switch and...
  24. V

Marantz 2270 project vs reconditioned?

Looks like an average restoration is around $300 for a working unit w/o critical issues. I see restored units from $700-$1500. I have my eye on an unrestored listed for $300 locally so no shipping or taxes. Better to get a working unit with unknown issues and have it restored or buy one...
  25. jFF_Bulbo

Marantz 2270. Low bias.

Hello AK'ers. I retored my 2270. SN 38510. BASES ON THE SUPER POST from @Leestereo and recently @Super Noob . All is fine except LEFT amplifier ( P750, LEFT) After all the new parts installed, BIAS is about 2.1-2.3 mV, i know it should be 10mV. I changed diff transistors, pre drivers...
Back
Top Bottom