1. R

Dynaco stereo 400 distorted channel repair

Hello, left channel is distorted at any volume. Found the emitter resistors to be brittle and cracked. I have a mouser cart to be filled. Any other known 400 issues? For now I've ordered 2. New pc-28 boards but if I can fix with a few mouser parts, I'd save $170. Which I'd prefer. Thanks yall.
  2. moodyj2000

Beginning my 400 Restoration

I am a tool guy and I like to tinker. Not an expert but willing to learn. Recently picked up a Tenma 72-455a Signal Generator, Tektronix 2205 Oscilliscope, Tripp Lite Isolation transformer, Staco Variac and a couple of 8 Ohm 100 watt dummy loads from Parts Express. I had already built a DBT...
  3. moodyj2000

Fisher 400 Speaker Decision

So I keep my eye on FB marketplace and Craigslist for speakers to buy pretty much non-stop. I currently have a set of Pioneer CS-66a, Advent Large and Infinity RSe's. I am working on a 400 right now and was curious about some speakers that have come available. There is currently a set of...
  4. S

Fisher 400 Phono imbalance issue

Hello all My 400 has been acting up for a long while and I haven't had the time to fix it. Hopefully Dave or one of the other Fisher experts can point me in the right direction. The left channel on Phono and tape is quieter than the right and also has slightly more hiss with no input signal. I...
  5. Tubeglowpio

Fisher 400 help

Hope some of you Fisher guys can help me with this Fisher 400 I payed good money for off of the bay, been wanting one for years so I'm hoping this one turns out nice. So since I have a chance to return this I have been doing some basic checks. So far I have only been able to get a few clean...
  6. Thom 2230

Fisher 400 rebuild

Fisher 400 rebuild and related topics.
  7. D

Dynaco Stereo 400 Fuse and Fuse Caps

Might anyone know where I can buy or replace fuse and fuse caps for a Dynaco Stereo 400? Any help or points in the right direction are greatly appreciated. Attached is the current fuse/cap that needs to be matched.
  8. M

Magnavox Potable Record Player-need help!

Hi, I have a Magnavox 400 Solid State Portable Stereo Record player. It is getting power but the turntable doe not turn. Anyone know what the problem is? I found out it doesn't have a belt. Any assistance would be helpful! Thanks, Michael
  9. S

Fisher 400 Tube Rolling

I felt it was a good idea to start a thread to get ideas for myself and others as to what people are using in their 400. On my 400 I have original Fisher power amp tubes, no idea a variety for the tuner sections, phase inverter are rca branded tubes, tone amp and line amp I cant remember at the...
  10. F

Help Please, what is this?

I have a Frazier "micro acoustic tuner" I can't find anything anywhere. someone please shine some light on this for me. what is it. what's it for, any place in the dark recesses of the web hold knowledge about this strange artifact?
  11. larryderouin

400 Eye-tube NO STEREO BAR

On the 400 I've been working on for Doug (rogerfederer), I have a problem with the eye-tube. Closure is extremely weak. Serial is 48751F EM-84A that came with it is very faded and shows less than 45 on the emissions tester (40 is in the replace area). MPX-65 has 3 very good reading 12ax7's...
Back
Top Bottom