1. jd3rdcoast

4230 - Another: No FM Stereo or Signal Strength Meter movement

Been fighting with this 4230 trying to get the FM to output Stereo mode. Pretty typical symptoms, FM output is only in mono; Stereo beacon is good. Signal Strength Meter (SSM) stays to left. Very little Tuning meter movement. Mute button cuts the output. Seems my primary issue is no DC voltage...
  2. goldswimmerb

Bizarre Marantz 4230 FM Stereo issues

So I've got a Marantz 4230 on the bench at the moment, its got some weird FM issues that I am having trouble tracking down. Basically FM mono works wonderfully, but when it switches to stereo the stereo indicator switches on and off based on the signal strength/signal quality while flashing it...
  3. ocdecio

Marantz 4230 blowing fuse

I got this 4230 and I found out the bridge rectifier was shorted, therefore fuses would immediately blow. I replaced it with a compatible bridge and turned it on with a DBT. The 100W light dimmed but not as much as it does with other receivers such as the 2225 and 2230. The dial lights came on...
  4. T

4230 hum on phono

I have just replaced the caps on the 400 board (phono pre-amp). the hum has quieted but there is hum still there. The ground wire is connected. when removed, the hum is MUCH louder. No other modes have any hum (tape, CD, radio). I run volume at 1/4 to 1/3 new patch cords and Doxit used on head...
  5. slayer44

Marantz 4230 Transistor list anyone?

Greetings!...has anyone recently rebuilt the amp boards in the 4230?...I was wondering if anyone had a spreadsheet handy to order from. I have a TON of Fairchild semiconductors and would prefer to use those, but if others are preferred, I'll use those. Thanks in advance.
  6. Richs_Trains

4230 DOA Amateur Needs Help

Hey All, My newest project came in sad shape with the power cord cut off and a monster fuse in the fuse holder. It is a Marantz 4230 Quad unit. I put a new cord and proper 3a fuse and put it on the DBT. I get a bright light and no power in the unit (I don't know if I should get anything if...
  7. Richs_Trains

Marantz 4230 Dis-Assembly questions

Hey All, Have a 4230 I am trying to fix up and while waiting for parts I have discovered the tape monitor/source button does not engage both channels (no right), but it seems only when the selector is on 'dolby fm'. If I select FM, both channels fine. I can slowly release the tape monitor...
  8. Richs_Trains

Marantz 4230 Oscillation

Hey guys, Latest project is a 4230 I actually bought for the decoder and the wood case, so the receiver cost me about $100.00. I was billed as LED upgrade, De-Oxit and functional. What I get is functional until you start to turn it up, then the power oscillates (sound up and down, lights up...
  9. Richs_Trains

Marantz Quad Questions

I am trying to set up a CD-4 quad system for vinyl. I have a Marantz 4230, SQA-2, and a CD-400 disc demodulator ... my question .... I have read that a CD-4 cartridge / turntable is not required, but the cartridge and turntable must meet certain quality specifications. Anyone have experience...
  10. slayer44

Marantz 4230 Treble and Bass issue

Hi Everyone...first of all, this is my first post in the Marantz forum. I picked up a 4230 for free and got it working just fine. Until I noticed that someone had done some mods to it, and managed to mess up the treble and bass controls. What is happening is the outer treble and bass VR's are...
  11. Richs_Trains

HELP.... Marantz 4230

Well, I thought I completed a sucessful recap of the amp and power supply boards in my 4230, but when I go to set the 'audio adjustment' as described in the SM, connecting a DVM to Pin 711 (-) and Pin 717(+) and set for 15mv dc, likewise Pin 712 (-) and Pin 718 (+). On the right channel the...
  12. Richs_Trains

4230 dial pointer adjustment.

Hello all, I just completed my first attempt at a partial recap of a working unit (I tried one on a blown up unit and at least got it working, but not perfect). I changed out all the electrolytic caps on the power supply board and both the power amp boards. Everything was a success and it...
  13. Rezistor

Removing 4230 P700 amplifier board - how to?

I have done some basic tube amp repair, but.... Removing this p700 from the 4230 looks a bit intimidating. I need to replace the 3W 47ohm R759, 760, 761 and 762. Do I cut the jumpers from the circuit board to the heat sink to allow removal or is there a better way? Thanks in advance!
Back
Top Bottom