500b

1. A

EARLY Fisher Model 500-B Receiver

EARLY Fisher Model 500-B Receiver Any help in finding a Service Manual for the EARLY ---- serial numbers 10000 - 20000 ---- Fisher 500-B receiver? Notes: (i) As between the early and later versions of the 500-B, besides the relocation of the power tubes, different MPX module, and...
  2. J

Fisher 500b Red Plate

Hi, I'm new here but have been following and gaining knowledge here for many years. I have had a Fisher 500b for about 25 years, no wood cabinet. It is serial number 11233 and has the 7591 tubes inboard of the OPTs, and has the Z on the mpx. When I bought it, it had original Fisher 7591 tubes...
  3. potoooooooo

500B No Power

So i picked up this 100% original 500B, and it was working. I performed a brief basic function test before I reworked it with the metalbone kit. Now it no longer has power. The rear AC outlets work, so the power switch and fuse are fine, but the rest of it I'm not so sure about. I quadruple...
  4. stilldreamin

500b - Loud buzz in Tape Head & Phono IF inputs unplugged.

Hi all, I just received a Fisher 500b. It's great, but I immediately noticed a very loud, constant buzzing hum if Tape Head is selected. I have no tape players of any description, so there is no connection and no signal going into the Tape Head inputs. Out of curiosity, I pulled out my Phono...
  5. Sam08861

12ax7 tube rolling Fisher 500b

I'd restored the 500B some time ago. Jim McShane Kit with PIO K40Ys and Matched Tung Sol quad from him also + IBBA. Decided to order a set of the Sovtek 12AX7LPS and got here this afternoon. After taking out the 7 12AX7s in the chassis, I found they all measured ~56 on my Eico 625. The New...
  6. Sam08861

Magic Eye solution for 500B

Just replaced the original magic eye tube (orenz EM84A) with a NOS (new old stock) $5 tube from ebay and all I have to say is WOW! The tube is a Beijing Shuguang 6E2 and I got two shipped (from Hong Kong) for $10 total, so also have the comfort of a spare at the ready for the future. There's...
  7. S

Purchased 800C to restore: currently working perfectly

OK, since I am fairly new here, but have learned enough, due to Larry helping when I put my Furura VI in the wrong location, and hopefully I am in the correct Forum area now. ( Sorry ) So I'm restarting here with my 800C I just bought. I guess history is in order. I first bought a modern...
  8. Sam08861

Blue knob on Fisher 500B fm section

Anyone know what the knob below does? How might one adjust this, if so? Don't see mention of what it does in the service or owner's manual.
  9. Sam08861

Fisher 500B - Left channel not working.

OK, so I've installed the Jim Mcshane kit, Jim Mcshane matched tubes, new lights, mpx capacitors, and the IBBA on my fisher 500b. The unit seems to be fully functional with the exception of one thing. The left channel is almost silent and can only be heard very faintly when the volume is...
  10. Sam08861

Tape project on the cheap... Anyone use Fisher amp tape head input with Otari MX5050?

Hey Folks, Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I've recently almost finished restoring a Fisher 500B that has tape head inputs. I've also fully restored an Otari MX5050 Mk III - 2 that is capable of playing 1/2 track 15ips tapes available from the tape project. A lot of folks are...
  11. Rockyhill

500B TAPE HEAD/TAPE MON Input Questions

The 500B has TAPE MON & TAPE HEAD input jacks. Are these inputs of equivalent sensitivity, more or less? I use AUX and TAPE MON; TAPE MON is significantly less sensitive. As a result I only use it with a DAC that has adjustable output to overcome that reduced sensitivity (specs for the Grant...
  12. Rockyhill

IBAM on 500B, a couple questions

A fellow AKer very kindly sent me an IBAM circuit he built. He hasn't been available recently so I'm posting a couple questions: http://akdatabase.com/AKview/albums/userpics/10004/Fisher 500-B Service.pdf R129, R135 and C85 are removed? Connection "V" is removed at the 200k grid resistors...
  13. Sam08861

Restoration kits for Fisher 500B restore; What's missing?

I've recently acquired a 500b in pretty good condition and looking to bring it back to it's former glory. I see there are kits from Jim McShane, Metalbone and FisherDoc. For any of you that have experience with these do you know... 1. Are these kits complete? I see some of the kits...
Back
Top Bottom