1. Sglaw461

2SC1116 Transistor dilemma.

This is for the tech guys. I have a 7000 that I am restoring. I pulled the output transistors from both sides, 2 on the left are 2SC116A, 2 on the right are RCA SK3079. So I bought a pair of 2SC1116A, possibly fake ones, off "e-pay" and 3 x 2SC1116 originals from a tech who pulled them from a...
  2. smurfer77

Sansui 7000 (Eight, Six, Seven & Eight Deluxe) button labels

It finally happened to me. I got one of those bargains that you guys are always bragging about. In a blurry picture of an estate sale I spotted what looked like and Eight Deluxe. The place was just 5 minutes away and perched the hills of the SF Peninsula, with spectacular views, lots of train...
  3. dlucy

Sansui solid state 7000 repair, recap, and restore

A fellow AK'er has a Sansui 7000 that he'd like to repair and restore, so I said "sure! that'll be fun!" After looking a little into the specs, parts and history of this big 70's receiver I found it is a high power cap-coupled design... so *I* had to buy one, too. So, now I've got two units to...
  4. Homer4beer

The first designer HiFi? - The Akai AA 7000S Tuner Amp from 1966

I thought this may be of interest for you guys as I've not really seen or heard much about this tuner amp, however, going by the little info I have, it could be considered one of the first designer pieces of HiFi as well as one of the first Solid State amps. I picked this unit up from Ebay. It...
  5. Homer4beer

Accidental Akai AA 7000S Ebay buy - keyboard mash!

So, I've been watching this Akai AA 7000S amp on Ebay and tonight up pops a reminder that the auction ends in 15 mins. The current bid is $200 which seems a good price so I wait until 3 mins to go and put a max bid of $280 on it. I am winning the auction with 5 secs to go at $255 when I get an...
  6. R

Sansui 7000

Does anyone out there know if the model 7000 receiver has the dual differential pair on the amp input, like the Eight, AU-666-999? I've read through some past threads that say the 7000 and Eight were built around the same time and share some similarities but that there are also notable design...
  7. dartholds442

7000 Service Manual

Hi folks, I've noticed that even the "complete" 7000 service manual is missing a few pages. I recently scored a manual and have scanned all the pages, cover to cover, in 300dpi. How can I get this posted to the pdf database?
  8. david winter

Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 7000 doesn't switch to Phono

Never mind... The phono engages it was just in the record detection.
Back
Top Bottom