7591a

1. MadPik

X-101-C Transformer Temp after New Tubes

Greetings! Y'all were super helpful at assisting me with getting my X-101-C back up and running and I have enjoyed many hours of happy listening since then. Anyway, since I knew nothing of the life or health of the original tubes (3 vintage Fisher branded and 1 vintage GE) I caught a sale picked...
  2. tcdriver

Fisher 500-C Bias - A Case History

Fisher 500-C Bias The Story: Recently, I pulled my Fisher 500-C out of the barn, where it had been stored since 1985. Cosmetically, it still looked to be in pretty good condition. I knew the challenge would be in getting it operating again, after 33 years sitting in the barn. The first task...
  3. david winter

Fisher X-101-C - what modern 7591A would be best ?

Hi, I'm currently working on a Fisher X-101-C. The 7591A were all done. It's recaped and I haven't checked posts about improvements . I wanted to know what modern type of 7591A would work best considering the voltages. I also read somewhere that fixed bias models should have the 330K grid leak...
  4. bberkom

Tung-Sol 7591's are being discontinued!

This week I was finally ready to upgrade the power tubes in my Fisher 500c, and I had my eyes on the Tung-Sol 7591a power tubes for a while. I contacted Jim McShane, and he told me that New Sensor is now out of these, and they won't be getting more! He said that much of the stock he has left...
  5. AudioScout

Tube Replacement Signs

I have a Scott 380 receiver, and maybe my hearing is getting worse, but I think I am cranking the volume farther to hear the music at the same level I was just the other month. The tuner and phono preamps are also very low, but they have been like that since I've had the receiver. So, what...
Back
Top Bottom