8080db

1. Brandon1250

Sansui 990db/9090db DC on output

Hello all. I’m kinda in a situation that has me completely confused with this 990db I have. Getting right to it; This unit was given to me with absolutely no back story. Got it to the point where I felt confident plugging it in and putting it on the dim bulb tester. No smoke but of course...
  2. bolero

8080db F-2624 repair

I'm looking at an 8080db that has been through at least 3 other repair hands. The good news is most electrolytics have been replaced. The last tech " got rid of the protection circuit " but thankfully the board is still in there :) I just need to figure out how he bypassed it. I pulled...
  3. BradWil

Sansui 8080DB Restoration

This multi-voltage, penultimate Dolby receiver came across my bench recently for a full restoration. Physically, the unit was complete with no missing knobs or switch covers. It even has the original plastic Dolby switch tag and red cardboard phono advice on the rear. It passed DBT and powered...
  4. BradWil

ToliTom's F-2624 Driver PCB Build Sansui 8080DB

Greetings. Here’s a thread detailing my first attempt at using this beautifully engineered F-2624 PCB produced by AK legends Tom and Toli. It does not cover any of the other F-2624 PBCs that have been seen on offer from various others. Here's Tom’s original AK post...
  5. amr2

Sansui 8080DB dolby board

Hello I need some help with this receiver. Someone has worked on it, and the signal is lost in this board. I have signal until tape 1 rec output. The dolby switch have been disassembled, and the wafers are all different, perhaps someone have any information about their positions. On the other...
  6. MitchellT

Another 8080db blown - Short @ Speaker

Hi all, I had been reading around and trying to diagnose from older/ previous posted threads but I was recommended to post my own just to cut down on confusion. Here's the quick and dirty though.. A few years back I had the 8080db running at a house party and someone bumped one of the...
  7. LBPete

The Lets Track 9090DB/8080DB Production Changes Thread

If you have been around the Sansui Forum for any length of time you know that the 9090DB and it's variants, the 8080DB, 990DB and 890DB are the topics in many threads. They are arguably the most popular and most widely produced of all Sansui Receivers. The earliest serial number we have on...
  8. EvanF

Sansui 8080DB - tracking down the passive preamp right channel loss

Decided to make a new thread to focus exclusively on this issue of the amp, besides the other one that was fixed and another that can wait Couldn't find the 44V, tracked it down to the two fuse 1Ω 1/2W resistors. Also found out that the power supply silkscreen is incorrect to a capacitor...
  9. crkeith65

8080DB F2624 driver board frustration

Let me set this post up right to begin with. I have owned this 8080DB since new. After letting it sit idle for many years because of driver board failure, I took it out to reclaim it's glory. The driver board was completely gone through along with re-capping the power supply board and 4 new...
Back
Top Bottom