a-1000

1. M

Yamaha A-1000 Repair and restore

Hi all, I have found this forum hunting around for info on this amp. After reading through the various A-1000 threads here, I have a bundle of tips and advice to follow and feel like the brains trust here is going to be life saving in my quest to restore this amp. A little back story.... I...
  2. JonLewis

New to Me Yamaha A-1000 - Heat Issue and Sound Cuts

I was excited to get a Yammie A-1000 that was sold as working. Being too excited, I took it for a spin without any pre-work. Relay clicks, everything seems fine. Basically the sound drops out completely after 30-40 minutes, no matter the output, and its not in class A mode. Temps did not seem...
  3. B

Yamaha A-1000, A-700 PSU Modification - Complete Basic Solution

As a continuation of the thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-a-1000-can-i-remove-the-whole-vertical-phono-board-and-everything-else-will-still-work.962306/#post-15203392 I've decided to develop a complete basic solution for power system modification in Yamaha A-1000...
  4. J

Yamaha A-1000 Resoration Recommendation Needed

Hello everyone, First post here. I have been reading some posts here & elsewhere about who to send my good condition A-1000 to have it serviced & restored. I had a local "service shop" work on it, they said they replaced some outputs, but when they stress tested the unit, they immediately blew...
  5. Johnny_Law

A-1000 Rehab: DC voltage in signal path SOLVED

SOLVED on May 13, 2023!!! See here! ************************************* This has been waiting to get some TLC from me for years. I wanted to make this thread to start the process of going through it. The report from the previous owner was turns on, no sound. Taking a guess - power supply...
  6. tmsears

Yamaha A-1000 Repair and Info Thread

Another victim of "the glue".. Hi folks, I've been a longtime lurker and seldom post, as I have very little I am able to add to this excellent forum! :D I have a background in IT hardware and networking but little electronic repair experience outside of turntables. I am in the process of...
Back
Top Bottom