am

1. richardg0n

McIntosh MX 112 FM/AM Stations Suddenly Gone

Greetings AK, I was listening to FM stations on my MX112 and noticed FM reception began fading and a short while later I could no longer receive FM stations. I noticed the tuning tube is still on but no longer fluctuating while tuning in stations. A few years ago I recapped the power supply...
  2. Ron Brown

Radio During the Day or at Night, AM or FM?

When do you primarily listen to the radio? Do you prefer the daytime programming full of commercials or the generally less-commercial night-time listening? Do you prefer the fidelity and lack of noise on FM or the silky warmth and power of AM? Do you listen to AM stereo? Do you like FM mono...
  3. berkemo

Vintage Radio Strong Station Distortion

Working on a Motorola Model: 13KT15CW Chassis: Ch= HS-677. Just finished recapping the filter caps, all paper caps, and cleaning tube leads. The amp sounds great but the radio needs some tweaking. Generally it works pretty well but the issue at hand is that I've got a couple of strong signal...
  4. QSilver

Valve AM tuner fault

I've been working through a Pioneer LX-420A valve receiver. I've replaced the electrolytic capacitors and got the FM MPX working again along with the amplifier circuits. But I've got a problem with the AM tuner. It looks like when you switch over from FM to AM, the FM front end is switched out...
  5. thxdave

Pioneer TX-9500II AM troubleshooting question

Have a wonderful Pioneer 9500II that has been an amazing tuner with the best FM selectivity I've ever had. I moved a few months ago and finally set it up again in a new place where I cannot put up an outdoor antenna <sigh> so the FM struggles to give me good reception. However, the AM has gone...
  6. S

AM not working after recapping power supply

I recapped the power supply of my MCS 3223 and it was somewhat successful, I made the hum go and it's sounding a lot better now. However, I believe that in the process I might've moved or fried something that stopped the AM signal from working. What should I look for and where should I look if I...
  7. mosk

I could use some expert help on a 2250B that's not getting AM or FM

I'd love a good troubleshooting strategy from a pro (I'm quite new to all of this) on how to narrow down why I'm getting zero reception, am or fm. Biggest clue I suppose is that neither light is on for "signal strength" or "tuning". Since all the other bulbs near there are working (including the...
  8. BionicKoala

My Mixer only outputs through RECORD not MASTER. Big Issue?

I'm very new to audio equipment beyond my 80s Hi-fi, but am trying to build a more modern set up have purchased a Numark M4 Mixer on ebay. Problem is I have found that the MASTER phono outputs on the rear are not working properly. ie they buzz and hum unless you apply pressure to the phono...
  9. B

Sansui QRX-7500A problem - Little to no AM radio stations, weak signal

Hi Everyone, New member and new owner of a vintage one owner QRX-7500A. Just replaced all the fuse lights with LED's and fixed a few cold solder joints and fuse issues. Everything is working great including all inputs, knobs, and strong FM. The only thing not working is AM. It has the original...
  10. Tubeglowpio

Eico Hf-81 Outputs

Hey everyone, hope everyone is staying cool this July. Just ordered an Eico Hf-81 and was wondering is anyones noticed that there seems to be two versions of the output transformers, anyone know if there is a quality difference? Also any idea of new pots to replace the old tone controls? Really...
  11. jFF_Bulbo

Marantz 2270 with AM radio problem.

I have 2270, a technician here in Mexico repaired it and it sound amazing. Many new pieces installed The only problem is the Am section, FM is working nice. The station from 540 to 990 kHZ cant be syntonized. Technician couldn't fix it. He cleaned the air capacitor from AM and the FM one, he...
  12. J

Port-o-matic - P8 Portable 1930's Am/SW/PHONO - Repair project

Ill admit, at first I wasn't quite sure what it was. It turns out its a 'portable' AM/SW/Phonograph that is made by Port-o-matic. Its an AC/or DC (battery) unit. I have never heard of them. Adding insult to injury, the cover is an extension of the tonearm, so you have to close the case...
  13. A

5000X "Unserviceable"? :(

Well, that was disappointing. Took the 5000X to the shop last week with FM tuner issues hoping the vintage stereo shop that advertised "repairs" could make better progress on it than me. Alas, no. They were able to make the same diagnosis as I was: something in the "FM pack" as it's called...
  14. EvanF

Onkyo T9: -6.4 VDC on the right channel!

I get very quiet output on both FM and AM on each channel, and the aforementioned voltage on the right channel, which drops to -4.5 VDC on both channels when I switch to the recording check switch (which puts out a distorted sine wave when switched on, which is supposed to happen). Is this the...
  15. screenersam

TV Stinks so Back to Radio

nothing good on tv these days so have been spending more time on radio using an Insignia unit (EPI Microtower speakers, hand-me-downs from a co-worker who upgraded). been fiddling with antenna combinations thread here...
  16. Richs_Trains

2015 trying to bring it back, some help please.

Hey All, While the 2265B is waiting for a relay and filter caps, I decided to open up a 2015 that is waiting. This unit is in pretty nasty shape. The bass and selector were pretty much frozen in place. I cleaned all the controls and managed to get the bass and selector moving freely again...
  17. wa2ise

Improving audio from AM radio reception in tuners

Getting better fidelity from AM radio stations. The AM NRSC-1 standard is: Contrary to popular belief, AM stations in the United States are not required to roll off audio above 5 kHz. For many years, no audio filtering was required, at all! In the early 1990s, however, a set of frequency...
  18. Sony AM Loop Antenna logo

Sony AM Loop Antenna logo

Sony AM Loop Antenna logo
  19. Sony AM Loop Antenna

Sony AM Loop Antenna

Sony AM Loop Antenna
Back
Top Bottom