au-317

1. john cronin

Sansui AU-317 Protection Circuit / RED LED issue

Hi All I bought a 317 on eBay. The most filthy dirty unit Ive ever seen but I can see it will scrub up nice. Both main fuses on the PCB had blown etc so I just got stuck in on the restore and clean up. Cut along story short I replaced the standard components that normally needs changing on...
  2. F

Sansui AU-317 turns on but no sound

A few weeks ago I bought this AU-317 MK 1off eBay however when it arrived there was no sound coming out of it. Went back and forth with the seller and ended up keeping it at a significant discount. I've checked all of the audio inputs (AUX and Tuner) and channel outputs with no success of...
  3. I

Differences between AU-307 and AU-317?

Greetings knowledgeable and enthusiastic Sansuiphiles! After reading all the enthusiastic discussion and restorations of the AU-n17 series of integrated amplifiers, I'm interested in acquiring an AU-317 as the next logical (to me, anyway) progression from my AU-4900 and AU-555A in my...
  4. Attom

AU-317 left channel static

Sorry if this is a repeat post, I tried searching but couldn’t find the answer... I just replaced the fuse resistors with metal film resistors on my 317. Huge improvement, definitely needed to happen. Right channel now sounds great. Left channel has a crazy level of static and lower volume than...
  5. Sergimm

317 for repair...good deal?

I'm looking for a nice vintage amp, and I have the opportunity of buying a Sansui AU-317 for 60€ (around $68). The amp is apparently not working (no sound coming out, but it does turn on). Without knowing much else, is it worth buying in your opinion? I don't know much about the brand besides it...
  6. Karl vd Berg

Another TO-3 ➡ TO-3P output conversion

Another TO-3 ➡ TO-3P conversion I received this Sansui 317-II, which has the right channel dead. The owner said he uses Alesis passive monitors at 4 ohms. This version accepts minimum 8 ohms or higher. Also, the unit was wired for old 220V operation and had 2 blown 8A 60V (!!) fuses. Checked...
  7. Karl vd Berg

AU-317 - recap/upgrade of F-2754 and F-2752 boards

Hello to all Sansui fans, A quick thread with some pictures of a classic "little" integrated, one my favorites... I want to thank to all those who shared previously info on various threads... :) -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... and I have had...
  8. R

AU-317 replace broken microphone jack chassis problem

Dear all, On my Sansui AU-317 (mk I) the mic input is not working properly. I hope you experts can help me to understand the wiring in order replace the jack chassis part. I my attempts so far I got an oscillation sound, so I probably misinterpret the schematic diagram of mic amp circuit board...
  9. mg196

Any NoVA AK'ers willing to go through my AU-317?

Hey everyone. I recently picked up an AU-317 from Bartertown (thank you, vinylndunks!) that I'd like someone to go through, clean up, and check to ensure everything is up to spec. I want this to be the last amp I buy for the next 10 years, so just like purchasing a used car, I want someone to...
  10. A

AU-317 - bias problem causing blown outputs?

Hi all I'm repairing a 317 that went pair shaped a few weeks ago. I'm learning as I go but I've got into new territory and I'd appreciate a little help narrowing the search for what might be the problem. I replaced output transistors TR17 and TR19 and driver transistor TR15. It now seems to...
Back
Top Bottom