au-517

1. R

Sansui AU-517 power voltage differences than the service manual

Hello all, i just bought this Sansui AU-517, and have difference voltage than the service manual. Sound is ok, should i worry? I just do a full electrolytic recap except the big one and in phono board / EQ board (F-2723). I'm not apro EE. just a bit knowledge. Here is my tested point in some...
  2. J

Sansui AU 517 with hum in both channels...

About the amp... I cleaned, recapped, and did all of the traditional upgrades to my AU517 (fusible resistors, diodes, etc.) and the amp was running fine and sounded great for about five years. Recently, it refused to come out of protection so I opened it up and worked through the protection...
  3. Leestereo

Leestereo's Restoration & Upgrade of a Sansui AU-517

AK member @McDee56's very nice Sansui AU-517 integrated amplifier received a complete restoration and upgrade. Note that due to the shared topology between the AU-517 and the AU-717, this current restoration/upgrade is very similar to the latter's detailed AK thread. Part 1: Tone Control...
  4. A

Set up help - Sansui AU-607

Hi everyone, glad to be here. I'm very new to this whole 'hifi' business, and i'm looking to learn from you all. My current question pertains to getting advice on connecting a Sansui AU-607 to the rest of my entertainment devices, and I hope this might be the right place to ask. AV receiver -...
  5. E

Intro with bonus: AU-517 power protection board blown F1

Hi everyone. I have been lurking here for years and decided to join. I have spent hours reading descriptions of problems and seeing the keen diagnostic minds here at work. I started out in electronics and even did a brief stint as an audio technician. Alas, this was in the 80s and I got sucked...
  6. Johnny_Law

Sansui AU-517 Bias Current Always 0 SOLVED: Amp R23/R25

The right channel amplifier stays at 0V bias no matter the position of VR03. The left channel amplifier adjusted correctly to ~20mV. Both channel DC offset has been adjusted to 0mV. The unit has been re-capped, comes out of protection normally, and plays fine at normal volume levels (from...
  7. Leestereo

Sansui AU-517/717 Headphone Jack (Non-standard)

Does anyone have a source for the headphone jack used on the AU-517/717? It is not the common type with a threaded collar, but rather it is attached via a 2-screw bracket.
  8. Hyperion

AU-517 - one noisy channel

A story, once upon a time there was an old amplifier... An AU-517 which I have been reconditioning for an AK member, this is the first time I have reconditioned an amplifier without any intermediate listening tests to see if everything is as it should be. Of course I used a DBT after every...
Back
Top Bottom