au-555

1. Brian1970

Brian's AU-555 restoration

I'm pretty new at this hobby but was curious about the early Sansui "tube-like sound" so I found this AU-555 and took a chance on it. I plan to do a restore on it and apply some of the upgrades leestereo documented so nicely in his 555A thread. It's in pretty original condition as far as I can...
  2. mozcho

Sansui AU-555

AU-555,019100881,mozcho
  3. Raphaz

Sansui AU-555 — Hiss

Scored a Sansui AU-555 in somewhat decent cosmetic shape. It had some crackling on some of the volume/balance knobs and some outings. Gave it a nice cleaning/lubing inside and out. Looks like a very solid built machine and, considering the stated 20W/Ch output, has plenty of punch. Sounds very...
  4. Airjmax

Recommendations for a reliable electronics repair person in Chicagoland

Can anyone recommend someone in the Chicagoland area to recap my AU-555? It works now, but I’d love to have it back to spec. My soldering skills and knowledge of electronics is pretty limited. I have a guy that I take things to for repair, but he is too busy to take on this project. Thanks!
  5. A

AU-555 Restore, and sharing an old technique to debug a noisy channel

I scored a non-working AU-555 off Ebay a couple of weeks ago for ~$150. Here's the ebay photo: Got it on the bench, right channel is weak, noisy and drifts. I plan on doing a restore anyway, so I ordered replacement caps and transistors from digikey. But I wanted to restore a working...
  6. quadmatrix82

Sansui au-555 output adjustment

hi sansui experts, just wondering if there is a known method to perform an output adjustment on a sansui au-555 without using a scope? There is a method described here for the au-555a but not sansui au-555? Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom