au555a

1. Dan887217

Sansui 8080 to the tech and back.

Hey guys, So I found a local tech brought the Sansui 8080 over yesterday with a pioneer sx580. I got them back today. He said he doesn’t like things to stack up and he had time. In his words of broken English the source of my audio issues were the source selection control which in turn lead to...
  2. TNR

Sansui AU555A (Tech support plz =)

Hi, I recently bought my first vintage amp (and put together my first HiFi setup). have a Sansui AU555A which I completely love, both in terms of looks and sound. It was in all original condition so I replaced the power supply caps with Nichicon parts (slightly uprated in both voltage and...
  3. LinnK

Power amp for my Sansui AU-555a

Hello, I have a fully recaped Sansui AU-555a in almost pristine condition. I 've read here and there that it had a very good preamp stage, and that it sounds like a tube amp. Unfortunately I have no experience with tube amps, but they have been attracting me for a while and I wonder if it...
  4. K

Sansui AU-555A-$100, yay or nay?

I found a sansui au-555a for sale that the seller is willing to let go for $100. He is very honest and transparent about the amp; it is in excellent cosmetic condition but has never been serviced. I've checked ebay sold listings and they have sold on average between $200-$300 (price really...
  5. margus_

AU555A volume potentiometer

Does anyone know if sansui au555 and au555a share the same volume potentiometer? There is one for sale on ebay, but the seller also doesn't know if it fits both...
  6. Dan887217

Sansui AU555a and Polk monitors Salvation Army find

Hello everyone In the last two days I have found these at my local thrift store paid 35.00 in all. I think it was a good deal despite condition both items. The amp well I have one good channel it seems. I have only cleaned pots as I thought it was the problem of being dirty. Inside the unit was...
  7. Sticky

Sansui AU-555A

Hi all, Long time reader, First time poster...(well second, this is a repost from the wrong forum board..) I have a Sansui AU-555A that i have had for about 3 or so years now (That i picked up at a local 2nd hand dealer for $25!), When i first powered it up, it worked fine, apart from some...
  8. Sticky

Sansui AU-555A

Hi all, Long time reader, First time poster... I have a Sansui AU-555A that i have had for about 3 or so years now (That i picked up at a local 2nd hand dealer for $25!), When i first powered it up, it worked fine, apart from some sratching and popping from the volume pot and other knobs, and...
Back
Top Bottom