ca-1010

1. Will_Emanuel

Yamaha CA-1010 Major Restoration

Hello all, I feel it's about time that I sit down and document my major restoration to my Yamaha CA-1010. This year I have done 6 major restorations on these units, 2 of them being on its big brother, the CA-2010, that has a lot in common. For those that need more info on the 2010 restoration...
  2. grtfldead

CA-1010 - Service Manual Inquiry

Does anyone know where to get a clean copy of the CA-1010 Service Manual? I found a poorly scanned copy on Hifiengine but the images are not clear. In a worst case scenario, they are good enough, but if there is a cleaner copy of this manual somewhere, I would prefer to have that instead...
  3. L

CA - 1010 Hum, Recap parts list and Power toggle switch request

Hello all, This is my first post here, I've been reading for a while and have recently acquired a yamaha ca-1010 at a steal. Unfortunately, it is missing the power switch (just the little plastic toggle, not the switch itself), and has quite a loud LF hum no matter which input is used. I'm...
  4. R

A CA-2010 dropped in my lap... A story and questions. HELP!

Hello folks, So I just acquired a beautiful CA-2010 in exchange for beer money and it looks to be in great condition, but I can't get it to play! First thing I did was power it up and see if I could get anything out of it. I tried everything I could think before taking it apart...
  5. C

McIntosh XR5 speakers: What do I need to drive them?

I just found a pair of McIntosh XR5 speakers for $60 and had them refoamed. Curious to hear peoples impressions of these. They seems to have very nice, semi forward midrange and lots of detail with treble that can be a touch shrill but is also very realistic to my ears. What do I need to...
Back
Top Bottom