ca-2010

1. oftheclod

Ca-2010 lacks full potential

Some of you may know I dragged a Yamaha ca-2010 from the trash and got it running again, and it’s fantastic ....mostly. There are some times that I’m playing it and the bass will drop out. It feels like the bottom richness drops out. I can shuffle around some knobs and then it feels like it...
  2. oftheclod

Lights stay on! Yamaha ca-2010

Hi all, Got a Yamaha ca-2010 old girl up and running from the curb yesterday! Had to replace a power cord and a fuse and it sounds terrific hit it with deoxit and all the switches are working and quiet - only problem is all the lights stay on even when switched off! what might this mean?
  3. Super Noob

Project: Yamaha CA-2010

Here is my latest expedition with vintage stereo. Must admit that I am sucker for large WPC vintage gear by the usual suspects: Pioneer, Sansui, Marantz, Kenwood, Fisher... and many others. The recent rebuild of the CR-620 & CR-820 have enhanced my focus on Yamaha. The CA-2010 seems to...
  4. Super Noob

CA-2010

When looking for my next project... look what showed up. Dirty but workable. If anyone has a clean copy of the service manual it would be appreciated. Have a workable schematic. Saw @Oldsansui441 rebuild from 2017. Sure my boy / Yammy guru @avionic has been through a few of these...
  5. code46

Yamaha: CA-2010 vs M-60 + C-60

Which would you choose? CA-2010 VintageKnob M-60 C-60
  6. greenflash

Burned my Yamaha CA-2010 (CA-2000)...

I read in a Kenwood thread "Fortunately, there are no self-destruct buttons on the outside of most gear", and I thought immediately of what just happened to me. It all begins with a Quad Pioneer preamp. It was acting up with my SA-9100 so I decided to try with another power amp, and I picked my...
  7. sydbar81

Yamaha CA-2010 - MC Impedance

I'm trying to ascertain the specification of the MC Impedance for the CA-2010. Service manual states 10ohm impedance, 50μV sensitivity. I'm considering a Audio Technica OC9-mlii and am not sure if I need a SUT. I spoke with Audio Technica and they seem baffled by the spec listed for the...
  8. Mr. Yamaha

The restoration of a Yamaha CA-2000 (Japanese CA-2010)

@Oilmaster decided to sell me one of his CA-2000's :angel: It needs a full restoration, so this will be my second big project. Nice project for winter times. It's completely original and untouched. Some pictures:
  9. R

A CA-2010 dropped in my lap... A story and questions. HELP!

Hello folks, So I just acquired a beautiful CA-2010 in exchange for beer money and it looks to be in great condition, but I can't get it to play! First thing I did was power it up and see if I could get anything out of it. I tried everything I could think before taking it apart...
Back
Top Bottom