ct-f9191

1. brainbanger

CT-F 9191 hum on both channels in play

Hi guys, it has been quite a while since I posted something here. Now I am stuck fixing the hum in a CT-F 9191. The hum occurs when pressing the play button and is equal on both channels (meters show around -20db). This can be reproduced even without a cassette (relevant switches engaged). It...
  2. T

CT-F9191 play belt

Took my CT-F9191 to my local repair shop. Wasn't working either in FF/RW or play/record. Techs replaced the belts and demagnetized the heads, etc. But the play/record belt keeps walking off the drive motor shaft. They replaced what they'd put on with a slightly longer belt (which seems...
  3. V

Fixing up a CT-F9191

Just picked up a nice looking CT-F9191 that I'm going to restore. It's not currently playing - it turns on and lights up, tape spins, but no sound to line out or headphones. The first thing I'm going to try is deoxing the two switches in this thread. Deoxit will arrive from Amazon on Thursday...
  4. spence0nasty

CT-F9191 Restoration - No FF/REW and Other Transport Problems

I have a ct-f9191 that had the common FF/REW problem and I think I may have created more transport problems in the course of trying to fix it. Right now the symptom is that the capstan/flywheel doesn't start turning when the machine is powered on. I'm creating this thread both to get help moving...
  5. oldschools

Pioneer CT-F9191 with broken belt

Hey all, I'm looking to purchase a nice CT-F9191 to add a cassette player to my rig. I found one that appears in decent shape from the picture...asking $150 with a broken belt. Don't know which belt yet. It will be hard to determine if everything else is working with the broken belt, so was...
  6. P

CT-F9191 recap??

Hey guys, This is my first post here but I’ve been lurking for ages and got a lot of help already, time for a specific question though. I just bought a Pioneer CT-F9191 (actually it’s a CT-9, but I believe they’re the same thing) in an online auction. I called the owner before I bought it and...
  7. markthefixer

FF/REW fix ctf-8282,9191,1000 RXA-581, NOT DIY

ON HIATUS. I AM IN HOSPITAL SINCE 9-9-23 IT'S 3-21-2024 I AM VIRTUALLY INCOMMUNICADO The ctf-8282, ct-f9191 and ct-f1000 cassette decks are built like tanks, with one exception: The FF / REW idler clutch. It's failure kills the deck's ability to Fast Forward and Rewind tapes. The idler...
  8. CT-F9191

CT-F9191

http://www.pbase.com/mpx/pioneer
Back
Top Bottom