fisher 500c

1. R

Fisher 500c needs help

Hi all, I’m a new member to this forum and I’m looking for some guidance and advice. Roughly 6 years ago I bought a used untested fisher 500c on ebay for about $700. It looked like it was in great shape when it arrived and I was surprised that the seller never bothered to turn it on before he...
  2. cabsodyinblu

Fisher 500c Output Transformers

Hello AK’ers I’ve been on the hunt for months for an original output transformer for my wonderful 500c but no luck on the auction site. Can anybody recommend where I could find a replacement or a rewinding/rebuild service? I’ve tried to reach out to Transcendar but he replied back that he’s...
  3. B

Advise needed on property powering up a Fisher 500c has has sat for years.

Hello Tube experts and non-experts, this is my first tube receiver or tube anything and have no idea where to start. I recently acquired a Barzilay Console which contains a Fisher 500c in it. I pulled it out and gave it a good dusting and want to know how to properly inspect it before firing it...
  4. robbarrow

Weird problem with Fisher 500 C radio

I am in the process of restoring a Fisher 500 C. Following what seemed to be "everyone's" advice, I didn't even plug the receiver in until I had recapped it. Along the way I had to replace one of the little switches on the front - I think it was the Low Filter and after I started listening to...
  5. diddlebunk

Fisher 100-R tuner same size as 500c?

I was wondering if anyone can kindly confirm whether or not the Fisher 100-R tuner's chassis is the same dimensions as the 500c receiver — e.g. would the wooden case for one be a matching fit for the other? Thanks!
  6. Will2225

Fisher 500c or Klipsch Chorus I

I've found a restored Fisher 500c for 650 and a beautiful set of Klipsch Chorus I speakers for 625 (the lowest the seller will go). Any advice on which is the better deal?
  7. F

fisher 500c faceplate lettering

I have a very nice 500c and I have noticed when looking at pics of others, there is more lettering above the phones jack. Mine doesnt have that. It just says Phones. Is it possible the missing lettering was rubbed off? Or is there a change somewhere along the production line? Thanks for any...
  8. USOUNDS

Need help w/ Fisher 500C 7591 socket wiring

Hello. I have a Fisher 500C that was wired for Sovtek 7591XYZ back in the 90s. This was the first 7591 replacement tube sold and from what I have read has a 6L6 pinout. The sockets were rewired and a 250 ohm/10watt resistor was added to pin 5. I want to convert it back to using 7591 tubes but...
  9. tcdriver

Fisher 500-C Bias - A Case History

Fisher 500-C Bias The Story: Recently, I pulled my Fisher 500-C out of the barn, where it had been stored since 1985. Cosmetically, it still looked to be in pretty good condition. I knew the challenge would be in getting it operating again, after 33 years sitting in the barn. The first task...
  10. sabrefencer

Pulled my parents 500C out of storage today . . .

Unpacked my parents 500C today. Decided to take a look after a long time reading and learning (just getting started) in preparation for doing something with the 500C my parents bought new in in 1963 or 1964 (SN: 43424J). I used to listen to kids records through this unit (I am a few years...
  11. bberkom

Fisher 500c Left channel buzz

I have a Fisher 500c that has been recapped and serviced. I have had it for the last few months and love it. I just recently replaced a couple of the old tubes for the high and low filters, tubes V14 and V15 with new Sovtek 12AX7's. The sound of the receiver improved and it really opened up...
  12. B

Fisher 500c low headphone output.

Hi All, I just picked up a Fisher 500c. It had extensive work done to it in April of 2015. This is the second 500c I've owned. What I discovered is that the headphone output level is very low. My last one was fine with the same headphones so I know something is amiss. Do any of you Fisher dudes...
  13. B

Fisher 500c low headphone volume output

Hi All, I just picked up a Fisher 500c. It had extensive work done to it in April of 2015. This is the second 500c I've owned. What I discovered is that the headphone output level is very low. My last one was fine with the same headphones so I know something is amiss. Do any of you Fisher dudes...
  14. bberkom

Fisher 500c Phono Stage Replacement Tubes

I just picked up my first tube amp, a Fisher 500c. The phono section of the amp has been recapped, but when using it, there is a lot of tube noise, I think a little too much. I do not think those tubes have been replaced, so I'd like to do that. Looks like they are spec'd as 12AX7 tubes, but...
  15. davstev

Fisher 500c Tubes to Improve Sound

Hi Fisher people, I recently acquired a really nice Fisher 500C. It's the first tube receiver I've owned. It's been largely recapped, and with new selenium rectifier, etc. Basically, it's been upgraded and tuned up. But I have to say, the sound I find still kind of blah- not that distinctive...
Back
Top Bottom