fisher 800c

1. johnfalc

Gifted 800C coming back to life ...

Pleased to be making progress on a Fisher 800C that was gifted to me in pretty sad shape. The Fisher 400 and 500C (same as the 800C but without an AM section) were our standard bench receivers when I was running service operations for Pacific Stereo in the 70s because they were so reliable. I'm...
  2. Freddie73

Fisher 800c tube rolling.

First time tube rolling 12ax7’s. Sovtek WB’s, LPS, Doge (Select Shuguang), Tung-Sol Gold pin, Genelex Gold lion Gold pin. Ended up with SovtekLPS in Phono V18-19. Gold Lions in Phase Splitters V14-15. Believe it or not I like the Doge Chinese tubes in V16-17 Filter Amps. It’s just more...
  3. B86EA2BC-3F1E-4D40-919A-D47D3B7C5EE9

B86EA2BC-3F1E-4D40-919A-D47D3B7C5EE9

Fisher 800C I rebuilt and cabinet I made and finished
  4. T

Fisher 800C Tuner Alignment AM and FM

I have a Fisher 800C receiver and the necessary Sencore FM generator, distortion analyzer and scope to align it. Many service manuals and units label the coils and pots that require adjustment. I don't find a physical drawing that does this. Can anyone provide a labeled photo, drawing or...
  5. T

Tuning meter string drops after about 30 seconds

My 800 C tuning meter shows strong after warm up, about a 4 or so for about 30 seconds to a minute then drops to about 1.5 out of 5 segments. Any thoughts on the cause of this? The sound of the tuner does not seem to change.
  6. BPlaya

Fisher The Executive 800c - Should I pull the trigger?

No affiliation. This auction ends tonight. It is already at over $800. What do you all think would be top dollar for this unit (comes with new walnut cabinet)? I have seen others question what tubes come along with these receivers so I'm asking the seller that question. Ebay item...
Back
Top Bottom