g-22000

1. U

Sansui G-22000 VU meter without Amp stage

Hello, I recently restored a G22000 and absolutely blown away by the clarity of the audio. However, the VU meters won’t working. I did some digging and noticed a burned resistor on the power supply to the VU meter, I patched that and noticed that the VU meters would respond when the unit is...
  2. EMIparty

Looking for help locating G-9000 Tuning/Volume knob

Any ideas on how to procure a G-9000 Tuning / Volume knob. I believe these were also the same knobs that were used on the G-8000, G-22000 and G-33000 as far as I know. I am also looking for the speaker terminal plate for the G-9000 or ideas on how to retrofit as I have a couple of these that are...
  3. mattsd

G-22000 binding post upgrade

I got a wild hair a few days ago and decided to see if it was possible to upgrade the binding posts on this thing to posts that would accept banana connectors, as I have a pair of very high end cables that have bananas soldered on I wanted to use with this. That and it's very convenient to be...
  4. mattsd

Battle of the Titans: Pioneer SX-1980 vs Sansui G-22000

I decided to compare my two monsters head to head and see which one would come out on top. I love both of them, definitely the two biggest pieces of audio I own. Both have been meticulously restored and fully recapped. You can see the restorations threads below: SX-1980...
  5. mattsd

Sansui G-22000 Restoration/Upgrade Thread

At last, I can finally get this started. The AU-919 is basically done, just waiting for some extra potentiometers to come in. Some overall pics and one board for now, I will be starting with the tuner/preamp section. The initial thread where I got it can be found here...
  6. mattsd

Finally got the last receiver I'll ever need

I'm just sitting here staring at this, I cannot believe I finally got one. I didn't get it for a steal, but it was definitely a score. It's in pretty clean cosmetic condition, the normal dust and dirt from use and storage. Faceplate is almost flawless and all the cables are intact. I'll let the...
Back
Top Bottom