ka-4002

1. W

KA-4002...help please

Hi all, thank-you in advance for any advice received. I recently purchased a ka-4002 from the original owner, in very nice condition (incl. user manual and wood trim). I'm really enjoying the sound coming through it, but have the following issues I'd like to fix: a) Once powered on, there is a...
  2. Wombaton

Help / guidance with fixing up a KA-4002 integrated amp?

Dear All, I have an (originally) non-working KA-4002 unit that I recently recapped following this useful thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/basic-recap-and-restore-bom-parts-list-on-kenwood-ka-4002-integrated-amp.767861/ All of the caps mentioned in the thread BOM...
  3. N

Trio Ka-6004 found at the dump today

Found a Ka-6004 at The dump today exterior great inside you tell me , No sound from speakers crackle if I jiggle a knob , could all this dust be the issue? First 2 are the front end not toooooo bad but look a rear :(
  4. dlucy

Basic recap and restore BOM parts list on Kenwood KA-4002 integrated amp

Performed a recap and basic restoration on a small Kenwood integrated amp KA-4002 and it sounds great. The KA-4002 has a cap-coupled output, so it has a warm sound kinda like tube gear and very much so the "1970's vintage sound". All electrolytic caps and "noisy" small signal transistors...
  5. dlucy

Which (of these three) resistors to measure for bias adjustment?

I've just finished recapping a fine little Kenwood KA-4002 integrated amp and I'd like to adjust the bias. There are two trimpots on the main amp portion of the one an only board in this unit and the generic Kenwood bias adjustment guide link indeed listed the KA-4002 and a bias to shoot for...
Back
Top Bottom