ka-5700

1. M

Kenwood KA-5700+KT5500 - Lights keep blowing out

Hi everyone! I'm new here and my expertise regarding audio electronics, as you will see, is very limited. However, I enjoy fixing things myself where I can and I like learning and understanding things about the gear I use, so here we go: I recently bought a beautiful Kenwood KA-5700 receiver...
  2. rickl

Another KA-5700

I picked up a KA-5700 today. Seller said it powers up but no sound. Pictures look good and complete. Pulled the cover and found cracked emitter resistor and missing fuses Checked the back and found a missing speaker screw. This will take more time than my KA3500 but should be a fun...
  3. Mike Sweeney

New Project on the bench Kenwood KA-5700 Amp

I normally work on Marantz gear but I got a good deal on this Kenwood amp and decided to have some fun. Overall, it was clean but dusty with the normal gunk on the controls. No burned parts and it did work but weakly when I gave it a trial run. When I pulled the filter caps out 6800uf at 42...
  4. Beeb

Kenwood KA-5700 vs. Kenwood KR-6160. Discuss...

I've had a Kenwood KR-6160 for a while and this weekend picked up a KA-5700. Haven't got it set up to my good speakers yet, but wondering what others think of these two amplifiers.
  5. anuncisweb

Kenwood KA-5500 vs Kenwood KA-5700

Hi people, I'd like to start a discussion about two of the most well-known midrange amplifiers from the Kenwood manufacturer. In this case the KA-5500 from 1977 and the KA-5700 (or 5750) from 1979. I've seen the specs and it appears than the the KA-5500 has more power, more damping factor and...
  6. nicklynn1

KA-5700 Left Channel Losing Output

My KA-5700 left channel output is slowly declining. This is based on the watt meter outputs reading lower in the left channel than the right and also the sound from the left speaker is less than the right, primarily the bass. I have done the following easy things with no luck isolating the...
Back
Top Bottom