ka-7100

1. hitjazz

Sabotage of KA-7100?

With the help of a friend, I am beginning a project to revive my KA-7100 diagnosed with a protection circuit issue. As we move forward, I may look to this forum for advice. However, for now, we are stymied at the outset by what appears to be a short. Background: I checked all 4 fuses before...
  2. tusntuk2

Odd Relay behavior in recapped KA-7100 - Please Help!

Here's a puzzle - I just finished recapping a KA-7100, and the relay acts kind of backwards than expected. DBT test was quickly dimmed, offset and bias set easily, LED may be suspect, although replacing LED also created a weird response. I know LED is involved in normal operation of relay and...
  3. G

Kenwood KA-7100 -- less volume in right channel

Hi all, So I have a Kenwood KA-7100 amp. I bought it fairly recently from a guy who swore that all the cleaning, etc, had been done. Just the other day I realized that the volume is starting to go (it's a bit less and perhaps slightly distorted) on the right channel. I am a total non-techie...
  4. G

Speakers for a KA 7100?

So I'm now looking at getting a KA 7100. Does anyone have any advice on what speakers might work well with it? (I'm currently looking at a good deal for some Wharfedale Diamond 8.2s — used. Hard to find much information about them, though.) I would have to say that I'm looking for a warm...
  5. G

Knowledge about KA 7100?

Hi everyone! I've been spending a lot of time recently lurking on AK, so I thought I'd go ahead and join and jump in the fray. I'm a total newbie, but have become (just a little bit!) obsessed by the idea of finding that warm, rich 70s sound I remember from my childhood. (I don't know what...
  6. G

KA-7100, only get sound with Tone Defeat engaged

Hello Everyone, I recently started working on a KA-7100 that I found on the sidewalk several years ago. I used a DBT and it started up okay. Initially sounded pretty scratchy and dropping out, but Deoxit on switches and pots + manipulation seemed to clean it up nicely. The one thing I found is...
  7. hopjohn

Kenwood KA-7100 parts list guide

What this list is and is not. IS - a guide IS NOT - a BOM in the sense that part numbers are not provided for everything. I use annotations that I understand. This list was not created with public consumption in mind so understand that first and foremost. Have questions? Ask. - a means of...
  8. slayer44

KA-7100 recap list...and a question

Hey, everyone. Greetings from chilly Vermont...I am new to the Kenwood side...has anyone generated a complete cap list for the 7100?...would also like all trans/diodes and any upgrades. I have been scrolling through tons of pages, and trying to piece-meal this info is time consuming. Thanks in...
  9. Mntdude1

KENWOOD KA-7100 Phono Issue

I have a refurbed KA-7100 that I want to move my Project RPM turntable to. But when I hook the turntable up to the Phono inputs, the sound is extremely low level dB wise. I was running the Project through a Jolida pre-amp into a Jolida tube amp. Maybe the wrong cartridge system. I tried using...
  10. tusntuk2

Bias problem on a KA-7100, new trimmer does nothing

Can't set Bias on a KA-7100 Having a problem with an ineffective bias trimmer on a Kenwood KA-7100. Got a KA-7100 to restore and after initial DBT test and a little de-oxit I tried setting the trimmers for center voltage and bias before the restoration. The Left channel trimmers would not...
  11. tusntuk2

Is KSA916Y a good choice for replacing 2sa915 on KA-7100 Bias circuit?

Is KSA916Y a good choice for replacing 2sa915 on KA-7100 Bias circuit (Qe7-10)? Other suggestions? Trying my best here, but I want to double check with anyone who has replaced these before. Funny it's so hard to find with so many recaps of this great amp. One thread said KSA992's were too...
  12. cwh

Friday broken audio haul; integrated amps tube vs SS

After last Friday's spendy broke audio purchases I almost sat today out but I'm sorta glad I didn't. Sorta, being I'm really just on the hunt for some great vintage speaker projects and I'm flush with amplifiers. Well leave it to some decent tube gear to get me spending against better...
Back
Top Bottom