marantz 1060

1. D

Marantz 1060 Integrated + Boston HD-10 Speakers, a Match Made in Heaven

I'm sure this has been done to death here, but I just had to add my two cents worth playing speaker/amp matchmaker. The Marantz 1060 integrated amplifier was born in the early '70s and the Boston HD-10s were born in the early '90s. So a bit of a May-December romance there, to be sure. I'm not...
  2. Old Guy8

Are new audio caps hard to find?

I have a Marantz 1060 at a Tech for a full recap restoration First time I got it back from him. The subwoofer I used with high level inputs, wouldn't pass power on to left speaker. (Subwoofer now has an issue.) 1060 went back to tech. He said DC problem with left channel. Then a left channel...
  3. R

Marantz 1060 grounding

I am working on a major rebuild/recap of a 1060 and have run into an area I don't recall seeing addressed in the the many past threads/postings on the 1060: grounding. The unit I am rebuilding has clearly been worked on by someone before, so it is not always clear what is original and what is...
  4. mozcho

Marantz 1060 as a Photo Stage and as a Preamp

I have been connecting my turntable to the 1060 integrated amp. Lately there is a tube integrated Willsenton R8 offered to me at a very reasonable price. However, the R8 doesn't have phono in. I have two options: to use the 1060 as a pre to utilise the phono stage in it and feed it into the R8...
  5. Jobby Legs

Dynaco / Scandyna A45

Hey guys! I've been a lurker on here for a while now and have learned a whole lot from this forum. Many thanks for sharing the knowledge, it's much appreciated! :D Since lurking, I've bought a pair of Scandyna (Dynaco) A25 which I've recapped and have paired it with a Marantz 1060. They're...
  6. Old Guy8

Good looking and sounding1060 a worthwhile restoration candidate?

Your Opinions wanted. Subjective as we all are. As titled, is this model a good candidate for effort/money to restore to possibly near original performance? My 1060 has very good face condition. Speaker posts function well. Inside looks good. Looks like previous owner took care of it. I like...
  7. D

Adaptive Loudness on Marantz 1060

I was listening to my newly recapped (among other electronic components) Marantz 1060, and I was shocked at how great it sounded. I kept switching between it and another amp. The bass was kickin'! It didn't matter what volume I was listening at. I couldn't figure out what was happening, then...
  8. K

Audio sounding muddy - Marantz cd6005 through Marantz 1060

Hello - I recently acquired a Marantz 1060 and a Marantz cd6005. The 1060 sounds pretty good when connected to a turntable, but sounds really bad when I play a cd on the cd player cd6005. The cd player sounds great through the headphone jack. So boils down to the Marantz 1060. I have tried all...
  9. M

Absolute beginner!

Good Afternoon everyone. Please have patience with me as I am truly completely new to all this and this would be my first post. I will let you know my goal and hopefully you guys may have some answers or advice. I want to basically enjoy my Vinyl collection amassed very late in my 30's now...
  10. Hayduke77

Looking for a Marantz WC-10 for my 1060 in the UK (or EU)

Anyone have a source for a wood case for Marantz 1060 (WC10)? Repro or original. Found one site in Germany that makes them, but prior to that wanted to see if anyone on the AK had any suggestions. Thanks in advance!
  11. mozcho

Tube Sound: Pre-Amp or Power Amp

In my quest to look for a pre-amp for my MC2205, a new question popped up in my mind: Which is more important in producing the tube sound? The pre-amp, or the power amp? The 2205 is currently fed by the pre-amp section of Marantz 1060, just because I have a Rega Planer 3 TT, or else I'd just...
  12. klamsoss

1060 rebuild on deck

Good afternoon AKers! I've got a 1060 on deck for a rebuild. It hasn't been powered up in a couple years and the glue on the boards has corroded most of the caps pretty well. Nothing has been touched in the power supply since it was manufactured, so it's long overdue for some attention. I've...
  13. mozcho

McIntosh MC2205 - Finding a Preamp

I have just acquired a used 2205. I'm looking for a preamp for it. There are these on offer from different sellers: Marantz 1060 McIntosh MX118 Ignoring the difference in price, which one would give better sound when paired with 2205? My speakers are Spendor SP1/2, Hitachi HS-330, and Klipsch KG4.
  14. Bajanbmw

Need help with Marantz 1060 dead amplifier section

Hello AKers I have read almost all the wonderful postings on the Marantz 1060 but would still appreciate some specific input. I bought a 1060 unit many years ago and used it as a preamp only since the power amp section was completely dead on both channels. The preamp section is still very strong...
  15. K

Marantz 1060 power amp gets weird when speakers are attached

I've been wrestling with this 1060 on and off for a few months. When I acquired it, the left channel was fine; the right channel was always very distorted. After an initial tune-up (cleaned the pots and replaced most of the caps/trannies/diodes), the left channel sill works fine and the right...
  16. Keith Baran

trimmer pots for marantz 1060

Looking to replace the trimmer pots R723, R724,R729,R730 in a 1060 amp. Looking for good replacements, preferably from Mouser. I found a thread the other night with suggestions, but I didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Keith
  17. Homer4beer

Fixing Marantz 1060 power amp - Right channel

Hi all, Following on from my other thread (http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/replacing-caps-on-marantz-1060-can-i-use-np-caps.770598/) I'm now going about fixing the right channel of the power amp. It was going beautifully until the right channel got some pretty decent hum in it...
  18. JamVal

Marantz 1060 Integrated Amp Value?

Seller says it's working. Provided photos show it to be clean, no dings, wood grain metal cover. Asking $220. Normally I get a good idea by looking at sold items on the bay, but the prices for the 1060 (not the 1060B) are all over the place $100-$500. Seems some people will pay a premium for...
  19. Gwalker85

Connections between 2 integrated amps

Hi, I have a Marantz 1060 integrated amp with tape monitor and an Onkyo Integra A-8190 integrated amp. I have connected an RCA cable from the Tape Out on the Marantz 1060 to the CD Direct input on the Onkyo Integra. The question I have is about changing the RCA connection on the Marantz...
  20. tgnadeau

Marantz 1060 Rebuild - No Sound Left Channel

Hi Everyone; I am looking to get a Marantz 1060 I was able to save working again. When I got it home and powered it up, I found that the left channel was completely dead and the right channel was very low. Things I've done to isolate the issue: - Bypassed the power amp- I Bypassed the power...
  21. Bert 1100

Marantz 1060 : complete overhaul

Hello again, This is my first 1060, bought off our local auction site, knowing it was defective. This time it wasn't an easy fix.... It turns out the amp board had been badly hacked in attempted repairs, the rest is fine and untouched. See this thread about how I built a whole new P700 amp board...
  22. W

Marantz 1060 Setup (Newbie)

Hi Gang, Just received a really nice 1060. I run Infinity RS7B speakers and have a Polk powered sub. I also have a Schiit Mani preamp from my turntable to amp/receiver. What is the best way to setup my new Marantz? I guess I'm not clear if I am good with it as is (I only listen to vinyl) or...
  23. Bert 1100

Marantz 1060 with butchered P700 amp board - questions !

Hello all ! I bought this 1060 knowing it was defective, for a good price. It’s quite grimy inside but nice on the outside. The amp board has been butchered by some previous owner, quite an ugly job. The other boards luckily look untouched. After taking the board completely out, I tested the...
  24. Flounder

Marantz Repair Shop - Near Philadelphia

Hi, All. I'm new to the forum and have seen this question answered, but these posts are several years old. I have a Marantz 1060 that needs a little love, and was wondering if someone could recommend a reputable tech who does great work in the area. I'm in Montgomery county. Thanks. This is...
  25. ton4eff

Marantz 1030/1060 P700 Board Replica

Hi, I bought this Marantz 1060 "in perfectly working condition" ;) recently. Don't ask for the price I paid :eek:. What I saw inside however, was a P700 board devastated by some “criminal” and a baked transformer (you know the smell). As you can see from the pictures, there are lots of burnt...
Back
Top Bottom