marantz 2238b

1. F

2238B channels not tracking

Question from a rookie. 2238b both channels volume increase together until around 9oclock on the dial, then there seems to be a dead spot. Continue turning volume and there is a dramatic increase in the right volume but left is noticeably quieter than the right for the rest of the volume...
  2. EnzoFerenzo

Marantz 2238b with right channel distortion

Hello to all in the forum from a new member. I am a former Nortel tech and worked at several PC board manufacturers as an SMT rework and solderer with microscopes. Now retired I keep myself busy fixing anything I can get my hands on LOL. Recently I was given an old Marzantz 2238b to fix and...
  3. RMilton

Marantz 2238b No bass/mids on Right Channel

I recently acquired a very clean Marantz 2238b. It was recapped a few years ago, cleaned, and the bulbs were swapped with LEDs. The work was performed at a professional shop here in the midwest (at the request of the prior owner). The left channel works perfectly. The right channel has great...
  4. L

Thinking of getting my first Thorens...

Hi everyone, need some advise:) I live in Norway and is thinking of buying my first Thorens, (its a 160 b mk2 model) from a guy just a couple og streets away. But what’s your professional opinion of the price, condition, things to look out for, maybe things that need an upgrade and so on. He...
  5. D

What's my gear worth?

Marantz 2238B amp Marantz CC-38 5 disc CD Player Technic SB-X3 3-way speakers (2)
  6. B

Marantz 2238B: Sound will occasionally stop playing out of one speaker

So I am totally new to this. My dad recently let me have his vintage Marantz 2238B that had just been sitting unused for maybe 12 years. I decided I'd use it for my TV setup. Currently I have it hooked up to some Polk T15s. I think it did it right when trying to figure out what speakers would...
  7. Sergey Green

Marantz 2238B vs. 2285B - in search of a better sound ..

Have two recapped 2238B and two recapped (black and silver) 2285B units in my collection. Played one after the other the whole day yesterday and although the 2285B's come across as very articulate and detailed the lower model 2238B's just sound fuller and more musical to my ears. It is almost as...
  8. redpackman

Setting DC Voltage levels on Marantz 2238B

Over ten years ago fershure posted the following on the topic of setting DC levels on a Marantz 2238b: "Greetings I just tried to adjust my Marantz 2238B as per the attached instuctions. I think I got the power amp adjustments set. However I was unsure where to put the test leads on the...
  9. cwh

Nasty Marantz all-star

For your pleasure (or disgust); a nasty 2238b. I picked this up six months ago and so it's sat, sealed in plastic on top off the pile. Space opened up in my shop so I decided to unwrap and have a go. My best guess is this belonged to a giant loose bladdered chain smoking cat who enjoyed...
  10. P

Marantz 2238BL - occasional loud distortion / fuzz on treble control

Hi, can't find a specific post on this so thought I'd start one / ask... I've got a Marantz 2238BL. Works great. No crackle on any controls but once in a while I get a loud fuzz/distortion, sometimes when I'm playing music (vinyl, mostly) but also when the unit is on but not being used. It...
Back
Top Bottom