marantz

1. Dave Sanders

Marantz 2270 Service Manual with Bulletins

Found this SM for the 2270 which has better detail especially in the images and also has Service Bulletns.
  2. richardg0n

2325 Balance Slider Bypassed - No Left Right Stereo Separation

Restoring a Marantz 2325, and the Balance Slider has no left-right separation. The volume is the same level except for the middle position, which is slightly louder. I tested with headphones on and with external speakers, and in both cases moving the balance slider potentiometer from left to...
  3. Dave Sanders

Marantz 2240 Alignment Discriminator L201

The alignment procedure for the Marantz 2240 specifies that the secondary core (upper) of the discriminator transformer (L201) be adjusted so that the tuning meter is at its center with no signal applied. First question - since this module P200 where L201 is located is mounted under the main...
  4. christovw66

Solid State Audio Tech in Atlanta?

Anyone have a lead on a reliable audio tech repair/maintenance guy anywhere in north Georgia? Currently I’m running Marantz, Pioneer and Technics ..but just picked up a Yamaha CR-2040 (estate sale find) that’s been sitting idle for a while and I would love to have it gone over and brought to...
  5. christovw66

Vintage Audio Technician(s) in the Atlanta area?

Hey guys, getting ready to have a bit of reconditioning done on my Yamaha CR-2040 but have no leads on any reliable technicians in the Atlanta/north Georgia area. Any of y'all have someone you trust and can recommend? Preferably looking for someone that can handle tubes, silverface, and...
  6. Ray122

Help with Marantz 2325 Amp Rebuild

Hey everyone. Been grappling with the amplifier section of amplifier section of Marantz Model 2325. When I received it, the left channel amplifier was keeping the unit in protection mode. When I disconnected that section and just ran it with the right channel amp, the unit comes out of...
  7. Bob the Tech

Model 15 service information

Hi, I've got a Model 15 in the shop but the assemblies don't match the Model 15 manual I found on line at hifiengine. I can follow what's going on by tracking traces, but there are parts and circuits in the manual that are not in this unit, and there are quite a few parts with different values...
  8. F

Volume pot disassembly

Anyone have any experience tearing apart a marantz 2238b or similar volume pot for a thorough cleaning? I can’t get a dead spot out of the pot by simply using deoxit through the opening. I have the pot removed from the board and the back metal cover removed on the pot. But it looks like the...
  9. sony ps 2000

Marantz 2240B Left Channel cuts out

Hello AK members: I am looking for help with my Marantz 2240B which I bought online a few months ago. It seemed to work fine for a while after getting it but I have now noticed this issue: The left channel cuts out after about 5 minutes of usage. If I let the amp rest (off) for a bit then...
  10. V

2270 Power Issue

Hello. I've just received a Marantz 2270 from a friend with a known bad power switch band-aid solution. I have removed that disaster and before I wire in a new switch (jumped brown/yellow switch wires) am assessing what else may be wrong. On DBT - I am not seeing any dial lamps and relay is not...
  11. Ray122

Help with Marantz 2325 Amp Rebuild

Hey everyone. Been grappling with the amplifier section of amplifier section of Marantz Model 2325. When I received it, the left channel amplifier was keeping the unit in protection mode. When I disconnected that section and just ran it with the right channel amp, the unit comes out of...
  12. D

2245 p800 problems

Aloha AK, I was 96% done with a full recap of my 2245 with no problems. Phono board, preamp, and both power boards all done with no shorts on DBT, audio in both channels. I adjusted the idle current and DC offset on both boards just fine. I got to the main power p800 board, recapped it, good on...
  13. Morgan250

Marantz 3300 C309 upgrade and phono adjustment ?

Hi, I completely restored my Marantz 3300, coupled with 16B, I'm very happy with it :) I saw in an old post that the "Airtime" member had changed C309 capacitor from 1uf to one of 4.7uf. The sound was much better, more open... Thank you very much for the " Airtime" advice, I would like to do the...
  14. B

Need to find VU meters for Marantz 500

They say fs.. 200uA on the back.
  15. M

Substitute tone pots

I’m trying to find a new, currently-produced replacement for the tone pots on a 2225 PE-01 tone board. I suspect they’re the same pots used on multiple receiver models. 2-gang 100K linear pots with 11 detent positions. After much searching, I’ve found no drop-in replacement, and no...
  16. M

Mechanical drawings of Marantz chassis

Is anyone aware of the existence of mechanical drawings of Marantz receiver chassis? I’m doing some custom work for a 2225 and 2325 and want to ensure proper fitment, and engineering drawings (or the next best documents) are preferable to reverse engineering. Moreover, I don’t have physical...
  17. J

Reciever for Klipsch KG-4s

I inherited a pair of bose 901s series V about a year ago from my dad that got me into the audio world. After getting bored of the flat bose sound I did some research and pulled the trigger on a pair of Klipsch KG-4s with titanium tweeters. I moved the bose downstairs and use them as secondary...
  18. S

Sansui Eight Bass

I recently acquired an excellent condition Sansui Eight and was very excited to fire it up once I finally found a power cord after hearing all the rave about how great this receiver is. To my disappointment I was shocked when I fired it up and it simply paled in comparison to my Sansui 2000x and...
  19. quadmatrix82

Marantz 2500 Filter capacitor options

Hi all Marantz 2500 experts, I have been trawling the Marantz 2500 posts here to see what options people have done to replace the filter capacitors it seems some restuff the originals or replace with 4 larger capacitors -I'm inclined to replicate what xraytony and others have done with 4...
  20. N

HELP! Can't find these resistors!

I have a Marantz SR5100 that needs some resistors. The resistor in question is the JRM "KNYS 3W R33 K". It is a three-pronged resistor that I can't seem to find anywhere else (I've attached the diagram). No electronic distributors, that I could find, sell them either. I was wondering if there...
  21. S

Marantz Model 18, in bad shape

Snagged a Model 18 for about $120 equivalent, she is a bit rough. Transformer works, Scope works so there is some chance at restoring it. Early Serial # 18-2792. No output but getting a hum on the headphones. One dial light also works. So there is that. Some lettering on the front is worn...
  22. C

Marantz SR-3500 service manual or just general plea for help

Sorry in advance for the wordiness it is something I am working on but not right now. I inherited an old Marantz SR-3500 receiver from my uncle when he passed, he was an electrical engineer who came up from nothing in Italy, and came to America to become a mover and shaker in the Silicon...
  23. N

Pioneer SX-590 FM STEREO PROBLEM

Hello everyone, i have a Pioneer SX-590 receiver with a problem on FM stereo. when i put it into mono, FM sound is fine, VU meters move.but when i switch to stereo, sound almost inaudible even in high volume, vu meters not moving and stereo light not lighting. pots are all cleaned. aux and other...
  24. Tom AE5CH

Howdy from Tulsa Tom

Ive been reading AK for years and its time to sign in. I may have had an old account but Ive changed emails often due to hackings. Im back doing some maintenance on Marantz stuff. So many genious people in AK. Right now rebuilding my 2270 P700 board. Im taking copious notes as new info...
  25. P

Hifiman Arya Setup

I'd like to have a setup that's great for either turntable (Pro-ject Debut Carbon) or iPhone playback through either Hifiman Arya headphones or speakers&sub. However, I fear that going the integrated amp route will cause output quality to my Aryas to suffer. Any recommendations on how to...
Back
Top Bottom