marantz

1. N

JVC 4MM-1000 Receiver left channel is weaker

hello mates, i have a problem with my JVC 4MM-1000 receiver, left channel sounds weaker. i already cleaned all pots and switches but still the same. any idea where to look at first? thanks
  2. A

Need help connecting EQ to Amp | Marantz 1090 \ Marantz EQ20

Hello, I'm trying to get clarity around the best way to connect this EQ to this amp, as I cannot get it to work. On the back of the 1090, there is AUX (that's where the DAC is connected) and I have a tape 1 and tape 2 monitor. Should you connect tape 1 out to the EQ's tape in, then the EQ's...
  3. N

STANDARD SR-4500 SOLID STATE RECEIVER

Hello anyone who has info about this vintage receiver? i need also schematics please. there is no voltage on the supply for the lamps. thanks
  4. ocdecio

Variable overlap drive

Anyone have any idea what thiat means? I've seen this expression used in many model brochures.
  5. quadmatrix82

Marantz 170dc additional capacitors?

Hi all - was trawling online looking at various Marantz 170dc restorations looking to see how some people replaced the dual capacitor - ended up using the catrafter method which worked well with clamps - however I did come across many 170dc photos that show additional capacitors fitted that look...
  6. C

Marantz sd4000 autostop problems

Everything works fine but won't stop at the end of tape while playing,ff or reverse.Opened it up and the wheel is still spinning. Suggestions?
  7. Willarado

Marantz 2238b power supply adjustment

I am just finishing up restoring a Marantz 2238b and attempting to set the power supply voltage. I can only get it to 29 volts instead of the 35v stated in the manual. Bias and DC offset are spot on. Does anyone have suggestions? And it is a concern given that it is working and sounds fantastic?
  8. P

BiAMp Marantz 5012 with Mcintosh

I must admit that I love my Marantz AVR 5012 but I want to marry it to a Mcintosh Power Amp so I also get my beautiful blue meters. I know. I currently use the 5012 in BiAmp mode with my Klipsch Heresy IVs. It sounds great. Is there a way keep a BiAmp setup while using and external amp for the...
  9. Clenxi

Marantz 2285B no sound

Hello, I recently received a nice marantz 2285B. It is a beautiful and a beast machine, in very good condition. When I plugged it in I noticed a slight HUM coming from the power transformer but it worked perfectly, the relay turned on and the music came. The first thing I did was to recap all...
  10. E

Marantz 4270...

So i decided to work on the literal worst unit you can possibly imagine to work on. I bought the unit used and someone had done some serious damage to all the wires. I think I've gotten all the wires sorted out. Whenever i run switch the power selector switch to 70 watts the DC relay kicks out...
  11. S

Marantz 2226B no R channel

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me who maybe had a similar issue. I recently moved and after setting up my beautiful Marantz 2226b, I discovered the R channel wasn't working. My grandfather in law came to visit who knows a little about electronics and helped me check some of the internal...
  12. O

Vintage Marantz pairing

Just thought I would drop here what a wonderful pairing I have found... Marantz 2270 with Vandersteen 1c's and a Rhythmik L12 sub. the sub integrates seamlessly with speed and texture. I think this setup would be hard to beat at under 2k.
  13. ianstaub

My Marantz 2270 doesn't sound any better than my modern Denon AVR-X1700H. What am I missing?

Hi all, hoping for some opinions. TL;DR: I can't tell much of a difference between my un-serviced Marantz 2270 and Denon AVR-X1700H in A/B tests. What am I missing? Background: Since this summer I've been happily listening to music on my relatively new Denon AVR-X1700H feeding Klipsch Heresy...
  14. richiem46

Starting my first 2325 Restoration and Looking for Guidance

I just acquired a decent 2325 on the big auction site with the wood case. I received it several days ago and my first reaction was I could not believe how heavy the thing was! Even after removing the heavy wood case it is still a beast to move around the bench. The seller said the unit worked...
  15. DomPal

Marantz 2270 - Sound at start but then protection relay kicks in after a while.

Hello folks, I have a Marantz 2270 that I bought from ebay. When I first got it and connected everything, plugged it in the the power socket, it sounded great and everything worked. Then after maybe 2 hours of listening I heard a click from the relay then there was no sound. The music came back...
  16. S

Volume problem with Marantz M-CR612

Hello All, Since 2,5 year I have a Marantz M-CR612 networkplayer connected to a set of B&W speakers. Since one week the volume control does not work anymore. The hardware volume buttons don't work at all, but strange enough the volume can be changed in the first few seconds after turning the...
  17. K

Marantz 1090 Power Amp Transistor Replacement

Hello, all. I have a 1090 on the bench that had a failure in the power amp driver board. It appears Q718 shorted from the base to the emitter. The transistors in the path current flowed all seem to be effected, though Q718 is the only one with a dead short. I'm going to replace all the effected...
  18. V

Marantz 2285B right channel issues

Hello AKers ! First of all, sorry for my bad English, I'm a French guy looking for some help with my Marantz 2285B ;) Here is the problem: In "Phono 1" mode, with my L100 Centurys hooked, I have no sound in the right channel... The weird thing is that it doesn't do it all the time... - If I...
  19. richiem46

Marantz 2275 P700 Component Selection Affecting Bias Setting

I read a number of threads about bias issues with the P700 amp boards in the Marantz 2275 and in other Marantz units. A lot of great information freely shared by other members. I came away not completely clear on the best approach to restoring the P700 board and thought I would start another...
  20. richiem46

Marantz 2275 P700 Diode Questions

I am in the process of restoring a Marantz 2275 and I noticed that on the P700 amp boards there are two red/green "diodes" installed across J703 and J709 and J704 and J707. Two other 2275's I restored did not have these "diodes". I looked online at various pictures of the P700 and yes, some...
  21. P

Sonos Port with Marantz receiver

Hi, I hope someone with knowledge of the Sonos Port might be able to provide an answer. I'm thinking of adding a Port to my system, in order to sync it up with some Sonos players in other parts of the house. I'm in a bit of a quandary how I would connect it. As I see it, there are two options...
  22. Webini

Marantz 6170 TT Feet Compatibility

I’ve got a Marantz 6170 with one defective foot. Apparently the feet are unobtainium. Does anyone know of any other Marantz TT feet that are a fit? The TT1060 for instance? I know I could buy third party upgraded feet but frankly I don’t want to put $100 into this TT.
  23. M

Marantz 4100 powering Mission 780 Argonauts MkII

Hi All, Entry level enthusiast here. I was happy to score some Mission Argonauts off craigslist this week and went home to hook the 2 speakers up to marantz 4100 only to realize the speakers are 4 ohm and the amp is rated as 8 ohm. I've done some reading and it seems opinions are conflicted...
  24. Tala Mink

No Sound In Right Channel Marantz 26

I recently made a post about a model 26 that blew fuses, and found that the filter cap was shorted, I decided to do a full recap due to the age of the capacitors (60's grey elna) and now the thing powers up just fine. Now that it works there is another problem, no sound in the right channel. I...
  25. R

2252B Replacement faceplate?

Hey all, While returning home from the shop today with my beloved 2252B (just received new lighting and a routine cleaning), the worst possible thing happened - a car in front of mine stopped short and the unit flew into the seatback in front of it. The top/bottom right corners of the faceplate...
Back
Top Bottom