marantz

1. Clenxi

Marantz 1090 - lost channel on loudness

Hi! didn't found that problem on the forum and asking for help. I bought some months ago that 1090 (gourgeus machine) with 2 problems. The first was some noise and parasitic on both channels (solved updating some little transistors on the pre-amp board QE05-QE08). Second problem is when i turn...
  2. jefferylhenr

I completely recapped these 3800’s

I have been considering doing the Burr Brown Opamp upgrade. They sound pretty special now. Does replacing the opamp make a notable difference. Driving a 250m and a 510m.
  3. VintageDutch

Marantz Imperial 7G

Hi all of you gurus. Yesterday I found a set of Marantz Imperial 7G speakers. All original parts... Contacted the seller, made a deal..for € 50,-- (indeed about 50 dollars also) ..I like to think that was dirt cheap. Picked them up today... I plan to test them Sunday during the Grand prix...
  4. OTHAJBL

Help with static!!!

New Member here and not sure where to post. Let me know if I need to move to a different section. Anyways I have a Marantz AV receiver SR 6003 with JBL P30’s and DCM bookshelf’s hooked up speaker A is p30s and speaker B is DCM. Subwoofer is active and plugged in via coax subwoofer preout. On...
  5. CoreyS

Marantz 2235B 2SC875 Substitution (H706)

My substitution list states 2N3440 as the replacement but I bought 2 and they both burned up. In an AK thread I saw that the KSC2383 is a substitution. Does anyone know? I have those in stock.
  6. schoocom

Vu Meter moves but …

Hi guys, I’m facing an issue with one of my 170DC vu meter. It moves, but in a sticky way, it’s slow to come down, doesn’t move freely in the beginning of the scale, …. I tried to unscrew a bit the little screw, heat it up with my iron … it corrects the problem with heat but as soon as it...
  7. L

Marantz 115B Help

Hello, Just reaching out and hoping a fellow 115B owner can help. I was recapping the PS01 board and stupidly didn't take a photo beforehand. When reattaching the board, I noticed some of the flimsy wires came detached. I have no clue where they all go since they are all different colors and...
  8. Jens Sinding

What is the correct impedance for Marantz Imperial 6 phenolic tweeters?

I recently found a pair of Imperial 6G’s for a very reasonable price (about 40$). The tweeters had suffered the fingers of destruction and were essentially missing the dust cap, so I ordered the supposedly drop in replacement, the GRS PRT-8 phenolic tweeter. However, the impedance of the old...
  9. cocovinyl176

Marantz 7c Phono cable compliance

Hey All, Any Marantz 7 owners out there experience any compliance issues with particular phono cables? I have a Jelco JAC-502 Din-RCA. The table is a Dr Feickert. This set up works without issue in my modern setup, however when it is set into the Marantz, I get a noisy connection that sounds...
  10. funkingkyle

Preamp advice

I'm trying to decide what to do with my preamp set up. Currently this is what I'm running: Marantz 2245 (using as preamp) Kit-built (by me) ICEpower125ASX2 power amp Seas Bragi MTM kit-built (by my friend) speakers Denon DP-62L turntable S.M.S.L M200 DAC connected directly to server computer...
  11. toby7362

2245 speakers??

Hello I have a Marantz 2245 and have paired it with Kenwood Kl888D’s. I listen to mostly rock music in a 12x14 living room with hardwood floors, and furniture. I don’t feel like I have a great sounding system and am thinking I need to change my speakers up. Not sure what would go with my...
  12. N

Luxman R-117 value? Marantz 2230

Can anyone give me a price/value on a nice Luxman R-117 receiver? It is located in Palouse, WA. It functions perfectly. It does have a few nicks on it. Thank you!! I also have a Marantz 2230 with one channel. If someone had an idea what it is worth with the channel out, please let me know. I...
  13. P

Marantz PM550 DC - Restoration advice desperately needed on "where to next"?

Hi team So I posted a few months back when I found this great looking Marantz amp online https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-pm-550dc-sound-output-distortion.985180/ From that thread I had posted... "The main issue is the sound output. At a low volume there is a distortion...
  14. T

Marantz 6006 says 'unsupported' disk after lens cleaning

Hi everyone, I wound up here after doing some googling on my CD player issues and it seemed like a nice place to maybe ask for some help so I'm hoping that's alright! My Marantz 6006 CD player sounds great but it's developed a habit of skipping around obnoxiously on every CD lately, the same...
  15. A

Marantz 2226 Advanced Diagnosing..

Hi AK'ers! Hoping for both some general and maybe more specific advice on diagnosing receivers. I'm fairly new to the vintage audio game, and so far my method has been "recap and listen" with some luck tracking down bad transistors, resistors, etc. The work I've done has so far turned out...
  16. C

Running a Marantz 2230 with Marantz 140

i am currently running my marantz model 140 power amp into the unswitched outlet on the back of the marantz 2230 and have been doing so for a few years now. the 140 doesn't have a power switch so i figured this would be an okay way to do things. i just recently realized that the unswitched...
  17. H

Marantz PM7200 doesn't start after cleaning

Hello everyone. I would like to get your ideas what went wrong with my amp. I bought it recently and it was very dirty - all pcb’s were covered with thick layer of dust. I cleaned dust with brush and pcb with spirit and contact cleaner, then cleaned with cotton buds. After that I switched on...
  18. lt.slothr0p

Turntable Upgrade?

Hi Everybody! I'm currently running a Sansui SR-222 mkii with an Empire 2000Z cartridge. But I see a Marantz 6100 listed locally at a good price. I've always loved the look of Marantz gear (although the 222 looks cool too) but to what extent would the 6100 be an upgrade over my current...
  19. met_engr

Marantz 1120 testing

Happened across a Marantz 1120 for sale by chance yesterday. Previous owner told me it had some channel balance issues and a scratchy volume pot so I'm cautious to let it drive my speakers since I only have one set currently. I've had some vintage stuff in the past, but nothing I'd invest much...
  20. H

Help!! Old stereo equipment value/appraisal

Hi Everyone! Please bear with me as I have no audio experience at all. My uncle died recently and left me a ton of old electronics. I am looking for help in trying to figure out what these pieces are worth. If anyone has any idea I would greatly appreciate any insight you can give me! I have...
  21. L

Marantz PM350 repair

Hello everyone, this is my first post here although I've been lurking for a while and have gathered a lot of great information. I'm pretty much a newbie regarding repairs, though I can solder and have done some small simple works (guitar electronics upgrades, speaker crossovers, built a couple...
  22. jFF_Bulbo

Marantz 4430 help.

Hello AK'ers. I'm working on a beautiful 4430 unit. Promblems: When playing in MONO, left and right speakers sound (and sound amazing IMO) BUT when playing STEREO no sound... Well a Lot of noise and a very very low music volumen. I think someone tried to repair it before, but left a mess with...
  23. ocdecio

Marantz 4240 - yet another FM stereo issue

I have a 4240 that doesn't get FM stereo no matter what. Signal strength seems good as per the meter, however the muting signal coming from the middle of the IF amplifier to enable stereo in the demux is coming out lower than another working 4240 - working one has 1.55V out of J208 (which...
  24. E

Marantz 1200b no audio

Hello AK, I am in the process of restoring a Marantz 1200b, the unit came in dead and would not even power on. I have recapped the entire unit and replaced the relay and resistors on the relay board. I only have 51.4v +/- and the relay will not engage. No shorts on the drivers or outputs...
  25. cbusuttil

Marantz 1180DC restoration

Hello! I thought i d share my ongoing restoration on this wonderful integrated amp. First impressions; quite modular and easy to work on since many of the modules are plug-in! the amp is in decent shape apart from the bass and balance sliders which at some point snapped and have the metal part...
Back
Top Bottom