marantz 2270

1. RunOutGroove

New DAC.... maybe?

Though I had kind of sworn off spending more money upgrading my system, I find myself with a bit of extra $$ and I'm considering some kind of upgrade, with a DAC possibly being my target. I'm kind of resigned to keeping my old Marantz 2270 receiver because even if it maybe isn't the most...
  2. RunOutGroove

Sennheiser Hd660s with Marantz 2270 - good combo?

Here's my situation, I had a pair of Senheiser HD600 phones that I must have read paired well with a Schiit Vali (mk) preamp, which I manged to track down and find for cheap. Those phones did indeed sound very good through that amp as I was getting a more open, transparent sound than with the...
  3. RunOutGroove

Thoughts on Klipsch RP 600M speakers with Marantz 2270?

I have a Marantz 2270 receiver powering a set of Jamo c103 speakers and a SVS 12" ported sub in my main listening room... and it all sounds great! I have a set of Quad 12L speakers that I'm using as remotes in another smaller room that I'm considering replacing. I mostly like the way these...
  4. DomPal

Imbalance output

Hello good people! I recently installed new diodes, caps transistors, thermistors.. on my Marantz 2270. Now my mistake is that I didn’t recird the output before I started so there’s no way of knowing i mf the problem was present before. I started on the Right channel board first and I checked...
  5. DomPal

What is the gain of a Marantz 2270

Does anyone know the gain of a 2270 with calculations? I can’t find it on the spec sheet. I try to calculate it based on the rated output at 8 ohm but I get Gain = 100. That can’t be right, right?
  6. DomPal

Where to connect the sub on a Marantz 2270

Hello, Is it right that you connect the sub on the remote speaker termials on a Maratnz 2270 and the stereo speakers on the main terminals? So when you are listening to music you should have both main and remote speakers switches turned on. Is this bad for the amplifier or is a 2270 made for...
  7. DomPal

What is this capacitor for? I can't see it in the schematics

It is connected between J761 and J758 on the amp board. Do you guys have any spec for this one and alternative replacement if needed? I think it says .01uF KCK
  8. DomPal

My amp board wiring is not exactly like the schematics

I have both amp boards out and was just checking the resistor values and I noticed something. If you look at the pics the resistor R785 (yellow arrow) is a short when it is suppose to be a 3.9ohm resistor. Is this normal or should i put a resistor with the right value? Why is it like this?
  9. DomPal

Is it normal for resistors to have big deviation?

I have a marantz 2270. I checked the resistor values on the amp board and some of values are at least 1k ohm off. Some are 200ohm off while some are exact. Is that normal???
  10. RunOutGroove

Thoughts on B&W Nautalus 805 speakers?

I don't really need another set of speakers, but I was "window shopping" on the local online ads saw a pair of these for what seems to be a very good price and figured that I'll be able to offset some of the cost by selling off my Quad 12L speakers, which I like but don't quite love. First of...
  11. DomPal

BNC from function generator to RCA input(amplifier)

Hello people! I want to test my Marantz 2270 amplifier by connecting a function generator to the AUX rca input. My function generator has a single BNC female output connection, 50 Ohms. Can I use this adapter I made(pics). It is a BNC male input that splits it into two female BNC connection...
  12. dragnalus

Troubleshooting a random crackle in a Marantz 2270

I've had my 2270 for over 20 years, and I had it re-capped about 8 years ago. It's worked great until very recently. The right speaker channel, has a loud crackle that happens at random times. I'm trying to troubleshoot why this is happening, and am hoping folks here can help. Here is what I...
  13. ianstaub

My Marantz 2270 doesn't sound any better than my modern Denon AVR-X1700H. What am I missing?

Hi all, hoping for some opinions. TL;DR: I can't tell much of a difference between my un-serviced Marantz 2270 and Denon AVR-X1700H in A/B tests. What am I missing? Background: Since this summer I've been happily listening to music on my relatively new Denon AVR-X1700H feeding Klipsch Heresy...
  14. DomPal

Marantz 2270 - Sound at start but then protection relay kicks in after a while.

Hello folks, I have a Marantz 2270 that I bought from ebay. When I first got it and connected everything, plugged it in the the power socket, it sounded great and everything worked. Then after maybe 2 hours of listening I heard a click from the relay then there was no sound. The music came back...
  15. RunOutGroove

Schiit Vali mkI vs mkII vs Marantz 2270 vs...?

I just got a pair of HiFiMan Sundara phones to replace a broken pair of Sennheiser HD600 phones that I can't seem to find parts that I need to fix. I bought a Schiit Vali mkI preamp to use with the old Sennheiser phones and from what I recall, when I tested it against the headphone output of the...
  16. davstev

Power switch Marantz 2270: my attempt

I know that replacement switches for Marantz's can be ordered for not much money, and this is my backup plan. I recently acquired a 2270 with the common faulty switch problem and am replacing it. I went to a local electrical supply store that has a good selection of switches and located a...
  17. Marantz 2270 Phono Stage Hum

Marantz 2270 Phono Stage Hum

18. vferdman

Marantz 2270 left channel issue.

I have a 2270 that I have owned since early 2000's. I am the second owner. I bought it from original owner with all the original packing boxes (double boxed), owners manual, etc. It was a super-lucky find and I knew back in those days that at tag sale price he was asking (because his family...
  19. RunOutGroove

How to hook up headphone amp?

I recently came into some good headphones, Sennhieser HD600, which I figured would be much better with a separate headphone amp. I just got a Schiit Vali 1 amp to plug everything into and I stupidly thought that I could just plug it into another input on my Marantz 2270, but then I realized that...
  20. RunOutGroove

My recent subwoofer swap...

I posted earlier with a question of how to hook up this new sub that I got, a SVS SB-2000, that I was fortunate to get from a friend that was getting rid of some unused audio stuff (I can't remember the sub that he kept but it was something REALLY high end). I got the RCA Y-cords and a length of...
  21. RunOutGroove

Silly receiver question...

I'm about to buy the Y cords that I need to hook up this new subwoofer that I have to my Marantz 2270. I'll be using those Y cords on the preamp/power amp inputs and outputs. Since I'd rather not move my receiver, until I'm doing the hookup, because it's a big PIA with the way that it's set up...
  22. RussTShackle

Pairing my Tempest LS-5's

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here, I'm replacing a receiver for my tempest LS-5 floor speakers. My previous receiver was a Toshiba SA-7100 which was sold due to one of the channels continuously cutting out. My wife is all about the aesthetics of Marantz - she loves the blue lights...
  23. TellMeWhy

Marantz 2270 noisy bass control when cold

I have a partially restored 2270 that appears to work great. One of its minor quirks is that the bass tone control knob makes a rumbling noise, but only for about the first 10-15 seconds after the unit is powered up. Could this be a dodgy cap on the tone board? Anyone have any ideas? Happy...
  24. RunOutGroove

Small speakers recommendations... on a budget?

I was just thinking (obsessing, really) about my audio gear, as I so often do whenever I have a free minute and considering replacing a set of speakers that I have. For my main room, I pretty much have everything the way that I want it (at least for the time being) but I have a set of remote...
  25. RunOutGroove

Ohm load on my Marantz 2270?

I've been swapping around speakers run by my Marantz 2270 receiver (i have 2 sets plugged into it) which for a a while (nearly a couple of decades!) it had two 8 ohm pairs hooked up to it. When I moved to a couple of 6 ohm speakers I ran everything though a speaker switcher which has a speaker...
Back
Top Bottom