nad 7140

1. X

NAD 7140 Tuner Not Scanning

Any ideas or next steps would be appreciated - this is my second amp/tuner repair and first NAD! It's now working well other than the AM/FM tuner section. When received, there were issues with left channel output and inconsistent mono switching. This was fixed with liberal contact cleaner...
  2. marcthisdate

NAD 7140 faint Sound, volume and tone and balance do nothing

Hi folks... I recently came into procession of an NAD 7140. The receiver turns on, relay clicks, display lights up. Issue is that there is virtually no sound other than a very faint bit on the left side. By faint I mean barely audible.(lower than a whisper) I hear it on the left side only...
  3. ScooterMcTav

NAD 7140 Preamp Section Not Working

Hello All, There were actually two threads similar to this already on AK, but I do know we like to have folks start their own threads. And really, thread #1 was full of folks who are way smarter than me, while thread #2 was a guy who just cleaned his controls and got things working...
  4. darklife

NAD 7140 Stereo Receiver

Curious of opinions on this one. Got this in trade for cleaning out a friends laptop that had beer spilled into it and I do love its sound so far. It seems to have a bit of punch but the phono stage may need a filter cap replacement as it hums slightly. I use an outboard phono preamp...
Back
Top Bottom