pioneer sx-1250

1. M

SX-1250 Filter Amp Board Restoration Pt1: Disassembly and Cleaning

I have always been sort of a lurker on these websites. But as I approach retirement and get more younger people asking me to repair their dad's stereos or something they bought off eBay to start listening to vinyl with I figure it is time to start passing on a little knowledge and experience to...
  2. R

Pioneer SX-5590 (1250) Volume Pot / Shaft

I recently obtained a Pioneer SX-5590 Receiver (European Black Face version of SX-1250), from its original owner. It works great, very clean, was just looking to clean it up, get it tested etc. When taking knobs of for cleaning, the volume knob came off with the shaft stuck in it. I do not...
  3. B

SX-1250 pre/power amp issue

I have a unit that plays fine when the jumpers are connected to all speakers whether A, B, or C is selected, but when I remove the jumpers to connect a graphic equalizer the left channel has no sound passing through to any of the speaker whether buttons A, B or C are selected, what can the issue...
  4. D

Pioneer SX-1250 Weak Left Channel After Re-Cap

After replacing all the capacitors, resistors and transistors on the Left and Right Power Amp boards, I finally got the zero volts needed on the bias and finally got the 2nd relay to kick in - releasing the speakers. However, the Left channel is very weak coming out of the speaker. Using all...
  5. D

Pioneer SX-1250 Diode Replacements?

Can you help me track down replacement diodes for my PIONEER SX-1250 Restoration - the diodes are basically the only ones that I have not finished replacing because some part numbers are not available in the BOM list. Power Amp (048) 1S1886 - D3,D4,D6,D7,D10,D11 1S2471 - D8, D9 1S2473 - D5...
  6. rush2112guy

Possible seized pot on SX-1250

In doing some general checking around on my receiver, I found my treble control is stuck in the flat or “neutral” position. Fortunately it will roll to the right of flat to increase the treble if needed but not to the left of flat. So I am wondering if this could be a seized pot? This receiver...
  7. Airjmax

Pioneer SX-1250 Speaker Recommendation

I'll be receiving my fully restored Pioneer SX-1250 from @mattsd soon, and I'm looking for your collective wisdom regarding appropriate (preferably vintage) speakers to pair with the receiver. I've got a very nice pair of Polk Monitor 10's that I really enjoy, but I'd like to be sure they can...
  8. Jim_76shovel

Pioneer SX-1250 and multiple amps... "in through the out door"... please help!

Hello, so.... before I set the smoke detectors off and will my beloved Pioneer equipment to the next victim, I will simply lower my head and humbly ask for some help. My current situation is as follows: 1 SX-1250, 1 SA-9100, and 1 -SA-5500, 1 CT-F9191 Cassette, 1 PL15D TT, and currently...
  9. Jim_76shovel

Greetings from New York!

Hello all! Currently working on beloved Vintage Pioneer components I have tucked away throughout the years and recently dusted off, or recently acquired. Due to Sex, drugs, & Rock and Roll (or a combination) I am here to beg, borrow, or steal a bit of info.... currently I am looking to hook up...
  10. Super Noob

Project: SX-1250

The sickness continues. Getting into a 1250 that I picked up recently. 2nd owner had it for 25 years = ~1993. Here is what I found = looks as if it has never been opened. All the lamps look original and were working. Need of a good cleaning - working through that now. It adjusts outs...
  11. Kingbleu

Pioneer SX-1250 full restoration. Output transistors to replace or not to replace

What are your thoughts about replacing the 8 output transistors on a Pioneer SX-1250 Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8 Original part numbers: Q1, Q2, Q5, Q6, 2SB600-R Q3, Q4, Q7, Q8, 2SD555-R Replace with Q1, Q2, Q5, Q6, 863-MJ21193G Q3, Q4, Q7, Q8, 863-MJ21194G I am getting ready for a fulI...
  12. Robayb

SX-1250 suddenly dead

All of a sudden my Pioneer SX-1250 is dead. The lights for the selectors are all dead, the lights for the speaker selection are all dead. The FM radio signal is dead, the meter does not move when flipping through the channels. The only thing working is the main panel lights. Its not in...
  13. Franco989

Pioneer SX 1250 restoration power cap filters

Hi Everyone I'm putting the finishing touches on a full restoration of a Pioneer SX 1250. I wouldn't considered my self an expert but I have learned alot from reading on this forum, here is where I'm stuck and need your help. I'm replacing the Power Filter Capacitors with the United Chemi-Con...
  14. Y

Slightly more than a noob..!!

Hi All, While I am new to joining, posting and contributing on the forum, I am not a noob in the sense that I have been using the resources that the forum has had to offer for several years now. Somehow, I never thought that I had the pieces to fit into this forum. It is truly a privilege to be...
  15. N

SX-1250 Power Supply Assembly Voltages High

Hello, first time to the forum. My Pioneer SX-1250 power supply assembly (AWR-107) is registering higher than normal voltages which I think might be affecting the stabilizer board. The 85v is reading 92.6v, the -87.5v is measuring -94.0v and the 23v is measuring 26.24v. Is this from the...
  16. mattsd

Pioneer SX-1250 recap and restoration thread!

I just bought my first SX-1250 from fellow AK'er roadie1 for $75, a big thank you to him for letting me have it at that price, the thread on finding it is here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=420677. It's in beautiful condition and a great candidate for a restore, all the...
Back
Top Bottom