pioneer sx-828

1. purple1

SX-828 Rebuild

I have bought a complete rebuild kit from the big auction site. I have also got the LED light kit from the same seller. I have just gotten started and want to make sure I do this right. The most I have done before is simple repairs and clean switches and POTs with Deoxit, so this is going to be...
  2. EJR

Pioneer SX-828 Power Supply Board Rebuild

Hi Everyone- I have been working on a Pioneer SX-828 I got for a great price because there was no sound coming out of it. It had a short in the main amp board, which I replaced with a new old one and plays beautifully now. Many friends here in AK helped me with the how to (very knowledgeable...
  3. ikonw8

Pioneer SX-828 Power Supply Heat Question

Thank you all! I am restoring a Pioneer SX-828. While it's not my first time restoring a receiver, it is my first Pioneer. At this point, all the boards have been re-capped, new semi-conductors on the Main, AF, Head, Protect and Power Supply. The unit operates normally, protect relay...
  4. gcagora

Stanton 881S or Sumiko Rainier for Pioneer PL-51a?

I just bought a Pioneer PL-51a turntable. It came with an old Stanton 881S cartridge. It has a little brush at the front of it. Anyway, I have no idea how old the cartridge is, or what kind of shape it is in, but my research shows it is a pretty decent one, and it sounds okay. I am considering...
  5. MBuras

Help following SX-828 preamp schematic - troubleshooting dropped channel

Backstory. Fully rebuilt this SX-828 about 3 years ago. Been fine until recently. Started dropping the left channel. Usually within the first 5 minutes of power on and doesn't matter phono, aux, etc. -injected sound directly into amp section and both channels were fine for 30 minutes...
  6. I

Connecting Pioneer SX-828 to Powered Subwoofer

I am looking to connect a Pioneer SX-828 to a powered subwoofer. The sub has hi-level inputs and a line-in input. The goal is to control the subwoofer with the volume on the receiver. The sub also has hi-level outputs for speakers. One caveat, I would also like to connect two sets of speakers...
  7. Beeb

Kenwood KR-5400 vs Pioneer SX-828 vs Onkyo A-7

I’ve got an Onkyo A-7 amp that I love. Picked up a Kenwood KR-5400 in great condition. Cost $30 and restoring it for an additional $100. Like its looks but wondering how it compares to the Onkyo — or to a Pioneer SX-828 I was considering. Using these with Kenwood KL-5090 speakers.
  8. grindfix

Pioneer SX-828 Bias is negative

Following previous posts I've replaced all e-caps on PS, Prot, Head, AF and all transistors and E-caps on Main amp board along with new trim pots. Turned it on without load or dummy resistors through DBT and took measurements. Bias is within -0.030mv on both sides and I do not have enough trim...
Back
Top Bottom