pioneer sx-850

1. Toiler

Installed a wifi board (Arylic) - now Tick, tick, tick sound, grrrrrrr!

Hello all! I am Rob, up in Edmonton Canada. I am NOT a competent electronics technician, only a very basic knowledge guy who likes looking at videos on YouTube and likes vintage gear. I have a Pioneer SX-850 receiver that was fully serviced by a qualified tech a couple months back And working in...
  2. Brivan

Pioneer SX-850 with High DC Offset

Hi, everyone I have a Pioneer SX-850 that's exhibiting high DC offset in both channels (well, maybe). The receiver was service previously and Q5 had been replaced by soldering a replacement transistor to the remainder of the legs of the old transistor (sheesh). It was the correct type (exact...
  3. Toiler

Please help me pick a set of speakers!

As per the subject line, I am looking for advise on a set of speakers for my receiver! The speakers will be paired with my Pioneer SX-850. My initial thoughts are vintage 1970’s but I guess I’m potentially open to recommendations on current store products. I would like to keep my cost bellow...
  4. bwv1

Pioneer SX-850 DC Offset Adjustment

The DC offset measurements obtained from this unit do not make sense to me and I'm looking for feedback as to what I am doing wrong. The unit sounds ok; I am doing this as a sort-of health checkup. Using the measurement procedure outlined in the service manual, I measure between 17 & 18...
  5. Super Noob

Project: Pioneer SX-850

Another project hits the bench. Pretty busy summer, but somehow was able to secure an unloved SX-850. If you have read any of my threads, you probably know that I am an absolute sucker for the Pioneer SX-xx50 line. Anyone that has worked on this set, knows it is very well built and easy to...
  6. Juanbanzai

Pioneer SX-850 almost there; tripping protection circuit

First, I want to sincerely thank everyone who assisted me in bringing my 850 around to working condition. The first issue was the low output volume, the second being on how to work with the final amp board. Both of these threads were addressed elsewhere, so with this new question, it's best to...
  7. Juanbanzai

Pioneer SX-850 - Low audio output

Hi everyone. I've had an SX-850 in my collection for quite some time, and I thought I start a recap/restoration now that I have a TON of time on my hands. When I first got the unit, I really didn't use it all that much because it had the typical issues with channels cutting in and out, but I...
  8. W

Im torn between recievers........

Hola, im trying to decide which reciever I want and im torn between two that are available. Im looking at an Pioneer SX-850 in great working order, and Sansui 5000X, I love them both, but can only have one. I can pick up the Pioneer for considerably less, but the Sansui is local and I have...
  9. Brivan

Pioneer SX-850 Protection Relay and DC Offset

I have a recently-acquired Pioneer SX-850 with a known protection relay issue. I purchased the receiver with the protection issue as a known problem. I removed the bonnet and base plate and checked power supply board voltages - all within 0.5v - 1v of spec. O-scope probing of all supplies...
  10. foo.kamikaze

Hi I'm Tom from Minnesota!

@Page { margin: 0.79in } p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120% } Hi my name is Tom. I live in Forest Lake, MN. Forest Lake is about 30 minutes north of Saint Paul and Minneapolis near the merger of 35W-N and 35E-N. I live in a humble townhome with my wife, enjoying our empty nest. Two...
  11. L

AR-3As: Marantz 2270, 2250 or Pioneer SX-850 Receiver?

Have a pair of AR-3a speakers for '69 that have been totally rehabbed, top to bottom, inside and out. Looking at a Marantz 2270 or 2250 or a Pioneer SX-850. One thing maybe worth noting is the system will play in an open, large room with 40ft tall ceilings and glass windows along one side...
  12. lt.slothr0p

what am i missing?

at the risk of outing myself as an audiophilistine, i do not use a DAC to play music from my macbook or iphone. (most of the time, i'm listening to vinyl on a: technics sl-b2, grado black cart, and a grado 8mz stylus.) all of my music comes through a pioneer sx-850, and polk rt-400 speakers. for...
Back
Top Bottom