pl-518

1. T

Pioneer PL-518 feet

Looking for replacement feet for PL-518. Rubber pieces that springs sit in have disintegrated
  2. O

replacing PL-516 tonearm with one from PL-518

Hello everyone. Has anyone ever attempted (or has any idea if it is possible) to replace the PL-516 tonearm with one from a PL-518? From the service manuals it seems the mount is similar. Thanks!
  3. A

Any recommendations for feet Pl-518?

Hey guys still working on getting the pl-518 up and running so thank you for everyone who's helped so far. It doesn't have any feet so I had 2 questions (as stated in another thread I'm very new to the hobby sp if these questions are ridiculous preface it with that in mind ) 1. Could I...
  4. A

Cartridge upgrade for PL-518 (also a pre amp recommendation)

Hey guys working on restoring and upgrading this PL-518 I picked up. Any recommendations for a cartridge I can pick up? Right now my budget for a cartridge is under 100 and I will also need a phono pre amp as well preferably under 100. I had read on some older posts but was pretty confused (I'm...
  5. M

My recently acquired Pioneer PL-518 Help

I was hoping someone here might have the counterweight for the Pioneer PL-518 or direct me to a replacement weight that would work on this table. I drove 3 hours last week to pick up a Pioneer Equalizer I'd been looking for and as it turned out the seller also had this turntable. He said he got...
  6. DavidinNC

Pioneer PL-61 vs. PL-518

Hello, I have a friend who works on and restores nice turntables. He has restored a PL-518 and is in the process of restoring a PL-61. Which would be preferred? I’ve little knowledge of Pioneer turntables other than what I read, so thought I would seek some opinions.
  7. xXColdShotXx

Pioneer PL-518 Recap

Would anyone have a list of caps and transistors list for the Pioneer PL-518? Thanks in advance to who may have a list.
  8. E

PL-518 vs. PL-55X

I know these aren't necessarily two turntables that are usually compared, but they are the two 1970's-era Pioneer TTs that I'm regularly seeing in my price range at the moment, so I wanted to query the audiokarma brain on them. So, if you had the option between a PL-518 and a PL-55X, assuming...
  9. P

Pioneer PL-518 Automatic Return point is in the middle of the label, how do I fix it?

I'm trying to fix the automatic return on my PL-518. The stylus doesn't return when it gets to the end of the record, but if I lift it up and move it towards to the center it will kick in and return once it gets about halfway into the sticker label. I took off the little rubber cap and used...
  10. John Little

PL-518 mod. Step 1, tap into the 18V supply on PWR-035

Hi everyone! I have a PL-518, which I recently acquired and need to service. Any advise will be welcome on this, so many things to do: The tonearm isn't returning very smoothly compared to some of the youtube videos I saw. What do you need to oil or grease? The plastic cover is all scratched...
  11. T

No sound from PL-518 after replacing power supply board

My table stopped spinning mid-record a while back, and after a great odyssey which ended with me buying a new power supply board and resoldering everything I've finally gotten it all back in to working order and plugged it in—only now there's no audio, only a hum through the speakers...
Back
Top Bottom