sansui 2000x

1. Hristo Ginev

Sansui 2000x the volume knob does not turn the volume down completely

Hello, two days ago I got a Sansui 2000x in perfect condition, inside also. I haven't opened it yet, but I know this because I got pictures of the inside from the seller before I bought it. Everything about it is great and works very well and the sound is extremely captivating. But while...
  2. Pretzelogic

Sansui 2500X surrounds and caps

I got a pair of 2500X’s for free from a buddy. They sound pretty dry and unexciting right now. Read somewhere you gotta replace the surrounds and crossover caps to bring these back to life. Is that cost effective for these speakers? Would they sound pretty good after fixing up or should I save...
  3. Pretzelogic

Jumpers on the back of Sansui 2000X and speaker pairing

A good buddy gave me his ole Sansui 2000X. I had it completely rebuilt by an audio shop down by me and noticed when I was hooking up my speakers the jumpers in the back. Is that for using an external preamp? And if I wanted to do that would it sound good using a hybrid tube Shiit Vali2? Also I...
  4. Jkaput

Does a recap improve the phono stage?

Hi everyone out there, I've been trying to get my Rotel rp3000 and my sansui 2000x to play nice together. The speakers are currently Klipsch kg4.5's and a some cambridge audio s30's. It sounds good when I stream spotify thru a blue tooth receiver in the aux, but when I play records, not so...
  5. Jkaput

New Sansui 2000x - boomy and thin?

Hi folks, I recently replaced my Nakamichi AV-2 with a Sansui 2000x and am surprised at the results. For a long time I wanted to jump into the classic silver face stereo scene, but nothing came up that was a good deal. The Sansui was in great shape cosmetically and almost dust free inside. I...
  6. Jkaput

KG 4.5's boomy with new receiver, but fine before?

Hi folks, I recently replaced my Nakamichi AV-2 with a Sansui 2000x and am surprised at the results. For a long time I wanted to jump into the classic silver face stereo scene, but nothing came up that was a good deal. The Sansui was in great shape cosmetically and almost dust free inside. I...
  7. P

Sansui 2000x distortion with vinyl

Hello, I recently got a Sansui 2000x that had just been serviced. The other day I started noticing some light distortion on certain records, especially (to my ears, at least) on the inner grooves. It’s not at all overwhelming and almost sounds like imperfections with the records...except many...
  8. Layton Hayes

Sansui 2000x quiet channel

Hello! First post. I've been using AudioKarma as a guide for a bit, but am now stumped. I have a Sansui 2000x that has a quiet left channel that becomes distorted at higher volumes. Trying to fix it, I replaced the 2sc458 transistors with ksc1845 on both the Tone Board and Power Amp Board. I...
  9. zelgy1

Sansui 2000x selector jumper for continuous tuner lights

Hi all! I have read on the forum that there is an option to jumper 2 points on the selector wafer to get continuous tuner lights even when phono/aux is selected. The schematic has been posted, but I’m still unsure which pins to jumper. Would anyone have available a pic of said jumper installed...
  10. E

help a newbie get started with vintage speakers!

I recently acquired a Sansui 2000x and now I need to find speakers. I am going with a vintage system mostly for aesthetics, but also because I’m hoping it sounds amazing for my budget and its exciting as a new hobby. I don’t have much experience with audio, and am a total newbie trying to get...
  11. A

4000 sound not as full

Just got back my 2000x and the sound on it is so much fuller when compared to my 4000. More mids, bass etc when doing a 1:1 comparison with all audio setting equal. The 2000x just had some capacitors replaced. Could weak capacitors be a culprit to why the 4000 lacks the punch of the 2000x...
  12. jrcbriones

Building a Wood Case for Sansui 2000A

Hello, This is my first post on AK! I am giving away my Sansui 2000A to a friend and I am wondering if anyone has built a case for a 2000A. This was my first unit and I loved it so much, it's time that it goes to someone else. It looks really good as is, but I think the wood would make it a...
Back
Top Bottom