sansui 800

1. pumablues

Seeking Help from Sansui Model 800 owners -- bulb wiring questions

Hey all! Are there any other Sansui Model 800 owners out there? I'm working on restoring one, and a previous owner really mucked up the light bulb wiring (and apparently threw away both metal shrouds that covered the bulb assembly). Could anyone open theirs up, and share some photos of the stock...
  2. JB8

SANSUI 800 Rebuild - Tuning Meter Help

Sansuist! After some much-appreciated assistance from some of you, I recently completed a successful refurb of my first Sansui, a 2000. The results were astonishing and I will not be selling the unit, like, ever. The sound is phenomenal in my opinion. So, I figured I try my luck with another...
  3. Zeus12

Sansui 800 - Another Satisfied Customer

Greetings fellow audiophiles!:) After reading all the great reviews about this little gem I decided to jump on the opportunity when I saw one. What a beautiful sounding receiver!! It also has probably the best FM tuner I have heard so far. I have done my usual procedure of...
  4. C

Sansui 800 Phono left channel issue

Hello everyone Bought the receiver three weeks ago and everything was working ok. I sprayed it with deoxit and faderlube following a useful idiots guide here in ak, and everything was good until tonight when the left channel had a noticeable hum and lower sound than the right channel when I was...
  5. Super Noob

Sansui 800 - Rebuild

Have just started replacing caps on this 800. The power amp boards have new caps and transistors (KSC1845) two each. Also replaced the axial caps on the bottom of the unit and the large radial caps (4) as well. When I plug it in, the transformer hums and the power transistors get really hot -...
Back
Top Bottom