sansui au 317

1. P

Sansui AU-317 phono stage - small popping sounds and then massive, loud banks and pops through speakers on high volume

The abovementioned amp produces a random symptom, where sometimes while listening to a record, it starts popping (like static pops) followed by massive, extremely loud bang noises and continued pops. When powering down and disconnecting the TT, the phono input (both subsonic and regular) keeps...
  2. troutmaskrep

Sansui AI-317 mk1 - Troubleshooting and Repair

I purchased a Sansui AU-317 off of ebay a few months ago in non-working condition to force myself to learn how to fix it. I have no background in electronics or electricity, although I did just recently complete the building of a Dynaco ST-70 and learned basic safety as part of that process...
  3. S

Strange sound - Sansui AU317

Hello I have a recapped Sansui AU317, and it sounds really good. When not in use (but powered on), it suddenly "pops" and a high pitched sound appears decreasing down to a lower tone (I can hear the pulse (40-50hz maybe)), then disappearing. It takes 2-3 secinds. It works well before and after...
  4. D

Integrated amp to power Allison 6s for small space

Hello all, I'm looking to put together a system for my ( tiny - 8' x 8' ) bedroom. I'd love to build it up around a pair of Allison 6s - they're the perfect size, I really like the aesthetic & was bowled over by a friend's pair of 5s, so I'm pretty sure it's the sound I'm looking for. I've been...
Back
Top Bottom